2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
More fun now than when new.
By Steve Lathrop on 06/09/07 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car drives like a dream. It is fast, it corners like its on rails and has a surprisingly comfortable ride. I have had the car 18 months and planned on using it on weekends only. However, I have recently started driving it every day and I will be selling my Lexus and driving just the Vette. It actually has more storage space for my son's hockey gear than my Lexus, and it gets better mileage.

Fun at Any Speed
By JG on 03/02/07 00:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle is absolutely perfect for the price. Got lucky and financed $2K below dealer invoice (family plan)! I always look forward to driving the car. Have the LeMans Blue with Comp Grey wheels and it looks "tuff." My only regret is not having the ability to find a dealership willing to participate with the ZO6 but rest assured, I'll be trying very soon. This car rocks and I know we C6 owners are aware that we are driving one of the best sports cars on the road. A real intimidator if necessary.

Big improvement on C5
By Baldegl on 02/20/07 08:59 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 2000 C5 and the upgrade in almost every respect on the C6 is very apparent. It is amazing how quiet and relatively comfortable the car has become. The C5 seems almost primitive in comparison and build quality is significantly improved. Top is tight with no wind noise or moisture leakage. No rattles in a convertible or noticeable flex in bumps and curves so structural rigidity must be good.

This car rocks in every way
By Lance in SD on 02/12/07 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was hooked from the first drive. My torch red machine attracts folks wherever I go. I have the six speed manual, nice short throw with a very good feel. The power top works very well. Astounded at how well freeway noise is muted at speed, which is why I bought the ragtop. I've read the C6 was designed as a ragtop - very rigid frame and body. No windshield flap (unlike the new Mustang ragtop!). The roadster is unbelievably solid, but refined. It really is an incredible automobile. Chevy got it right.

The best car ever
By JP7 on 02/01/07 16:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is amazing to drive fast, tight ,and never lets you down. It's suprisingly comfortable and has great gas mileage. GM has stood behind this vehicle and serviced it remarkably well. The people who built it had an incredible work ethic I haven't seen in a long time. Museum delivery was awsome. The handling at high speeds is also excellent. I just can't believe they put together a winner .

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk on 12/29/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Where's the fun?
By DGP123 on 12/25/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A great car in every sense but difficult to find the "fun quotient". The paddle shifter is not nearly responsive enough. There is a definite lag between gears when upshifting. Downshifting is better but not great. I regret having a vehicle with 400 foot lbs of torque that will not lay rubber in any gear. Perhaps the standard transmission is more responsive. To date I have not found a place to drive this car to its limits. I would dearly love to have access to a track where I could test the advertised top end of 186 mph but alas that is not the case. It's not nimble enough to drive in the canyons and the run flat tires are a disaster - a lotus would be better. I waited a lifetime but.

The Last Vette I will ever own
By JefftheGreat on 12/20/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 C6 in July. Two weeks ago the rooftop flew off while I was driving on the freeway. I waited for 6 weeks for a replacement rooftop, and could only get it expedited - once the accident happened. Chevy Cust Serv - useless. They did nothing to care of me. Because of the defective roof panel, I requested a glass rooftop at no cost be installed - GM said no. This is my 2nd Vette and will be my last. Be prepared for a huge dissapointment when this car breaks down - and it will. The last American car I will ever own.

Great car but...
By Tom Beames on 12/16/06 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome performance but having problems with shifting from 2nd-3rd and 1st-2nd. Seems as though shifting linkage is not lined up. Some body work needed to be done by dealer. Poor alignment of right front fender, headlight, wheel well liner, etc. There also is a very noticable "mold" seam in left rear fender. Dealer wanted to buff it out and repaint. I said no. Lots of minor paint imperfections. Car is black so it shows everything. But, Lord it is fun!

Love My ZO6
By Big Gar on 11/26/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette.It is truly unbelievable. It cruises the highways smoothly with no effort at all, then downshift and hold on it is gone. MPG is great, as I have made several long trips and averaged 26.7 mpg. Who needs a hybrid? The heat of the center console is tolerable for a while, then move your leg, just too hot. The faster I went in this rocket the better the handling felt. Taking mountain roads with signs saying 25 mph or 35 mph on tight curves and even hairpins at twice that speed was nothing for this car. Have had two other makes of American built so called rockets back down from this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.