Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )

Great Car
By Ellen

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third generation Corvette. The styling is absolutely gorgeous. (I also liked the sytling on my 1999 Vette.) Thought about buying the Mercedes 500 SL convertible. My car was parked next to it and I thought the Corvette was so much better looking. The manual top on my last car (the '99) was much easier to use. The guys at the dealership talked me into the manual top, and I find it hard to latch. I also think the heads up display is a waste of money. I feel that feature should be eliminated the make the power top standard. As even inexpensive convertibles all have power tops. Other than that, the Corvette gives you the most bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Like just about everything about the car except for the manual top and heads up display.

Suggested Improvements

The top should be power. The the new latch is difficult to use. I find the heads up display distracting and do not use it

It is a way of life
By EightySixTangos

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked it up at the National Corvette Museum, in Bowling, Kentucky. It is a red convertible with paddle shift. Once it was broken in I drove it 2600 miles with the top down. The only problem I had was dead bugs all over the front bumper and side mirrors. I previously had a red C4 Convertible. The difference in ride quality and handling is phenomenol. Be sure and get it with Paddle Shift. Once you get used to used to it, you will notice a huge performance difference between it and the automatic. If you can, go to the National Corvette Museum for delivery. They take you on a personal tour of the factory. Remember, Corvette owners' wave at each other. Save the Wave!

Favorite Features

The Paddle Shift, navigation, Magnetic Ride, and the keyless everything. I also like the placing of the XM Radio antenna and the Navigation System Antenna in the side mirrors. There is nothing uglier than a sleek car with its lines broken by those ugly antennas

Suggested Improvements

6 or 12 CD Player available with the Navigation system.

What A Car!
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Vette for about six weeks now. All I can say is this is one fine roadster. The power is intoxicating. The handling and ride are exceptional with the F55 suspension. I've had two Honda S2000 roadsters prior to this and there's no comparison. The combination of performance and comfort completely eclipse the Honda. If you're looking for a "toy" I don't believe there are many better choices than this car. Especially, when one factors in the cost to performance ratio. Cheverolet has to have produced one of the best values in this market segment.

Favorite Features

The motor! I can't believe anyone needs more power than the LS2 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps more interior storage. Seatback pockets would be useful.

'06 Vette Convertible
By Bart

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a superb automobile. Very impressed with build quality and ride. Personally, I think the interior is excellent. Car is so fast it is almost scary! Handling is excellent. This is one sweet roadster!

Favorite Features

Performance & handling, heads up display, driver convenience tools, Power seat adjustments.

Suggested Improvements

Hydraulic clutch engages too late, and can't adjust.

Corvette Convertible
By Jarvis Renfrow

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The best looking, fastest, sexiest, head turning, satisfying pride of ownership, status symble, that everybody including kids recognizes in the world. Mine is torch red and brother it is red hot.

Favorite Features

I went to a speaker show, a lot of young people there, the Corvette created a crowd around the car looking at it. When I got out they followed me around saying that guy own a new Corvette convertible. What can say more about pride of ownership. It is like tasting fine wine when I drive it.

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve on the best, there is no way. I have owned 3 of them and there is no better sports car in the world, as far as I am concerned. Wish I owner one of every year that was made they would not be for sale at any price. G. M. Please don't go broke, keep building the Corvette.