2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Definitely a 10
By Lipps on 03/25/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a beautiful white 2005 coupe with Z51 and 6 speed manual and put over 6000 miles on it before I decided I really needed a convertible. Although the Z51 was a monster, it was still very pleasant to drive, and a lot of fun when pushed to the limit. Then I bought this beautiful black convertible with 6 speed paddle shift auto and magnetic select ride. Wow .. what a difference! As smooth riding as a Cadillac with performance like the Z51 .. and bonus - 25 mpg! This Corvette is the first car I have ever bought, and I have owned many, that is absolutely perfect. The difference between this Corvette and the last one is like the difference between .. well, black and white!

2006 Corvette Convertible, 6 speed MT
By romieb on 03/14/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best Corvette I have ever driven. I have a lot of mobility problems yet I have no problem getting in or out of this vehicle. I have driven every generation of Corvettes and though all were fun, this one has been a pleasure to own. I think they finally got it right. Minor problems with the battery and power top.

I'm Hooked!
By John on 02/02/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've finally been able to buy my first Vette! Now I'm hooked, and I know that there will always be one (or more) parked in my garage. The power, handling, versatility, comfort, styling, and stereo are simply an amazing combination. I'm still not used to the admiring stares from other drivers, and people saying "nice ride" in parking lots , etc. I'm 6'-5", and am happy to report that I fit very well in the coupe & convertible. Alas, the Z06 "real" hard top has frame struts that prevented me from fitting into my true desire. Oh well, I probably would've got mare tickets with that baby...

Fun car to own and drive
By vett owner on 01/20/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just back from Florida and had a blast driving it. It's yellow so you can't miss it and it seems like everyone saw it both on the road and off. No matter where I stopped people walked over to look and ask questions.

Astonishing
By satyajit on 12/06/05 11:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent with all the features which i was looking for and i dont think any other car can compete with this one. Good Job. Keep it up!

Give this car serious consideration
By Bill on 12/04/05 19:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned Ferrari and Porsche in the past, sort of turned my nose up at a Corvette, however the C6 rendition is quite a car! The interior isn't as good as it should be, but the price vs. performance is astonishing. The paddle shifting 6 speed auto is a blast. Quiet until you romp on the throttle, then turns into a bellowing beast. Handling is excellent, ride is compliant, seats will probably fit everyone well, acceleration is impressive, but it will "putter" around town like any other car. I'm impressed.

I am very happy with this car
By donsar on 11/19/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A pleasure to drive from the day I picked it up at the Corvette Museum/factory. No problems, excellent on the road and a killer paint job (Monterey Red)

Corvette for the Ages
By ryan on 11/14/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing! I drove my Dad's 04 which was auto. It was nice but nothing like this baby. Very fast with 6spd, looks great, turns heads everywhere, and goes FAST!!! Do not settle for less. If this has been your dream car, this is the one to buy! right now!

Fun Car
By bbp on 11/12/05 23:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely worth every penny. The steering is much better than the 2005 model, and the power is exhilerating. The interior does seem a bit cheap but it is still comfortable. Surprisingly the highway mileage is actually pretty good, assuming that you do not hot dog around.

What an awesome machine
By sfcc on 10/23/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Your writers are correct!! The C6 ranks right up there with some of the finest sports cars made. I have driven 2500 miles. It has been 2500 miles of quiet,tight,comfort and responsive miles I have ever driven. It's fun to drive,great to look at and 17 miles to a gallon in stop and go traffic isn't bad either. Other drivers give this car alot of respect in traffic by making room for me. Forget the power roof for $2,000.00, manual is just as quick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.