2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Fun and comfort
By Fred Kraus on 11/16/07 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We traded a 2002 coupe for a low mileage 2006. They are two different cars. The 2002 was fun and fast, but not as smooth as the 2006. The 2006 is blindingly fast and very comfortable on long rides. Two trips from FL to NY, and one trip to Bowling Green. Room for two carryon size bags, one ice chest and one tolietries bag. 28 MPG avg. 85mph=2000RPM. Lots of waves and thumbs up. Can't stop grinning

C6 Corvette Coupe
By Volocty on 09/04/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my car now for almost 2 years and it is hands down the most exciting car I've ever owned. Power, style, and even the fuel mileage is fantastic. We just came back from a 3400 mile road trip, avg 27.2 mpg, it was so comfortable, no complaints. Passing power & it drives like it's on rails. The coupe offers the best of both worlds, as the roof comes off and stows in the back, when ever you're craving a little wind in your hair. I have the 6spd Auto w/Paddle shiffting and we used it aevery time we came across some twisty roads. I can't wait for the next road trip... (yeah I'm still smiling)

More fun now than when new.
By Steve Lathrop on 06/09/07 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car drives like a dream. It is fast, it corners like its on rails and has a surprisingly comfortable ride. I have had the car 18 months and planned on using it on weekends only. However, I have recently started driving it every day and I will be selling my Lexus and driving just the Vette. It actually has more storage space for my son's hockey gear than my Lexus, and it gets better mileage.

Fun at Any Speed
By JG on 03/02/07 00:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle is absolutely perfect for the price. Got lucky and financed $2K below dealer invoice (family plan)! I always look forward to driving the car. Have the LeMans Blue with Comp Grey wheels and it looks "tuff." My only regret is not having the ability to find a dealership willing to participate with the ZO6 but rest assured, I'll be trying very soon. This car rocks and I know we C6 owners are aware that we are driving one of the best sports cars on the road. A real intimidator if necessary.

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk on 12/29/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Where's the fun?
By DGP123 on 12/25/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A great car in every sense but difficult to find the "fun quotient". The paddle shifter is not nearly responsive enough. There is a definite lag between gears when upshifting. Downshifting is better but not great. I regret having a vehicle with 400 foot lbs of torque that will not lay rubber in any gear. Perhaps the standard transmission is more responsive. To date I have not found a place to drive this car to its limits. I would dearly love to have access to a track where I could test the advertised top end of 186 mph but alas that is not the case. It's not nimble enough to drive in the canyons and the run flat tires are a disaster - a lotus would be better. I waited a lifetime but.

The Last Vette I will ever own
By JefftheGreat on 12/20/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 C6 in July. Two weeks ago the rooftop flew off while I was driving on the freeway. I waited for 6 weeks for a replacement rooftop, and could only get it expedited - once the accident happened. Chevy Cust Serv - useless. They did nothing to care of me. Because of the defective roof panel, I requested a glass rooftop at no cost be installed - GM said no. This is my 2nd Vette and will be my last. Be prepared for a huge dissapointment when this car breaks down - and it will. The last American car I will ever own.

Always wanted
By Anthony on 11/23/06 10:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 6 speed Vette is an experience every time I get into drive it. Compared to my previous 2001 Vette I can not wait to drive when I have the time. Full of power.

2006 Corvette
By JIM STRICKLAND on 10/09/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 50 Corvettes since 1967 includig big blocks and small blocks. I have always felt like my 1967 Vette with 425 H.P. was " The Best of The Best" ... until now! I picked up my new 2006 Victory Red Coupe at the Museum last January ... and after driving it less than 11 months, I can say without a doubt, it's the "Best Damn 'Vette" I have ever owned! Over the years, I have owned Rolls, Jaguars, Ferraris, Porsches, and many muscle cars ... but I am totally convinced this 'Vette is the "Best Bang for the Buck" of any automobile ever built! 0-60 MPH in 4 seconds! ... 26+ MPG on the road and nearly 20 MPG in town! I can have it serviced in any Chevy Dealership in America!

1st 'vette
By Ron on 08/29/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about three months. At first I felt like I was driving a large sedan. After driving a Mercede SLK for 6 years the '06 Vette felt much bigger. Had to take a good look each time to remember it was a 2 seat sports car. Once I adjusted to the comfortable ride, I was able to grasp the power and the fantastic handling. Realy like the Vette and don't mis the Mercedes. I am not sorry in the least that I bought the car. Time will tell on reliability

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.