Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Love It after 2 Years!
By G. EARL

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It'll be 2 years in a few days, and I love it as much as ever! It never gets boring to walk out to the garage and get in it to go. Great styling has always been a trademark of Corvette as well as totally awesome performance. Now, I get really good gas mileage as well (27+ hwy). I have 26000 miles now, just put on my first set of tires, change oil when recommended, and have had virtually no trouble with it. Didn't know til the day before purchase that I would get the auto trans. Always thought it wasn't a "real" Vette unless man. transmission. Wrong! Auto is the only way to go if you're in city traffic too much or have a bad hip (me). Got the 1LT (base). Didn't want/need the extras.

Favorite Features

Top "Smiles per Gallon" American car.

Suggested Improvements

Better leather on side bolsters of driver's seat, where your back jean's pocket rubs every entry. Ashtray doesn't stay closed. Needs built-in lifting pucks.

Power for the Daily Drive
By deacon

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car has had no problems other than the removable roof panel that GM replaced at no charge. The car gets abour 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the freeway with comfort, power, and style. It has handled the dust and heat of the Arizona summers (the A?C works very quickly even in 110 degrees). Great daily driver.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Replace the stock Goodyear tires with a better quailty tire like Michelin.

Best Bang for the Buck
By HawaiiC6

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have gone through a lot of sports cars in the recent years, MB CLK500, BMW M3 (2x), Dodge Viper, BMW 330ci, BMW 645ci and then I came across the Corvette C6 and of all things it was in a BMW showroom. I instantly fell in love with the looks and lines of the car. Once you get behind the wheel and you feel and hear that mighty V8 roar to life, you know you are in something special. The car I have has the 6 speed auto with paddle feature and it is simply great. You can work the car as a manual but without having to step on a clutch which is great in traffic. The only caution is learn to drive the car it is fast...fast...fast. This is the best bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Engine, trans and Z51 suspension, I have the 3LT package which has memory seats, heads up display and good privacy screen for the rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the seats as they I am a muscular person and the seats are not wide enough and do not have enough thigh support.

Wow! This must be what love feels like.
By RC1

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever owned. Prices are right and the performance is awsome. I have the 3LT and Z51 option plus NAV so the interior, in my opinion, is fantastic especially considering that this car is not your mother's luxury sedan. This car is about speed - hot, nasty, speed. After about 25 seconds at full throttle, your heart will be pounding in your chest, you'll be giggling like a maniac, and you'll be smiling so hard your face will actually hurt. My advice to you should you buy this car: respect the power always always always; get a really good radar detector. Check out the procharger supercharger. Yikes.

Favorite Features

400 hp and 400 ft/lbs at my command. 26 MPG at 65 mph. The NAV center. It's just cool whether you need it or not. The HUD. It too is just cool whether you need it or not. Heated seats. The rumble at ~1500 RPMs. The memory features

Suggested Improvements

I wish the ZO6 body styling was available for the standard C6- specifically the wider fenders and the extra scoops. That would surely make the European sports car designers unhappy.

2006 Daily Driver
By R Deacon

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great quality and fun to drive. Had the car since we drove it off the lot into the 100 degree + days in Arizona. It has been thought a second summer as a daily driver in the dust and heat with no problems. Still has original run flat tires on at 24,000 miles. Paint has resisted scratching and chipping and it still looks new. All of the electronics work flawlessly (heads-up- display, navigation, bose sound, programable personal settings, etc). Great car!

Favorite Features

Power and comfort (I'm 6'2")when you need it and economical to drive on long road trips (30 mpg at 80 mph)

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim