Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (29 reviews )

Not A Car for Everyone
By Dale

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is not a car for everyone and it was not intended to be. This is a car for car enthusiasts who not only tolerate a firm ride and aggressive exhaust but demand it. I hear of buyers who want to quiet the car and make it more comfortable to drive. Give me a break. Why did you buy this car in the first place? After GM spent millions making the car lighter these buyers add sound deadening material. If your not used to driving high performance cars don't buy this car or be prepared to learn since traction can be difficult to come by even with traction control on. Also, you guys that have to ride around in plush leather living room furniture buy a Maserati.

Favorite Features

505 hp/470 ft. lbs of torque 3.7 secs. 0 to 60 mph 198 mph top speed Sub 12 sec. quarter mile 1.04g lateral-grip rating. 16/26 mpg Blows away Ferrari F430 at 1/3 the cost.

Suggested Improvements

We need more of what its got: Louder exhaust. Stiffer suspension. More hp and ft. lbs.

New Z06
By JACK SENN

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is the best car I've ever driven. The power is unbelievable. The fact that I can take a Lamborghini Gallardo or a Ferrari F490 in an American car that costs a third of what those two do is amazing. The styling is incredible, the ride is smoother than the 911 4s, or the BMW M6. This car is the real deal. My 505 hp 7.0l engine is getting about 22 miles to the gallon. This is all around the best car on the market for the money.

Favorite Features

505 HP. Huge brakes and rotors, nav, Bose sound system. Push button start, and most of all the heads up display. Anything that can tell me how many lateral Gs I'm pulling is cool in my books.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. Well done, GM.

The best car ever
By JP7

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is amazing to drive fast, tight ,and never lets you down. It's suprisingly comfortable and has great gas mileage. GM has stood behind this vehicle and serviced it remarkably well. The people who built it had an incredible work ethic I haven't seen in a long time. Museum delivery was awsome. The handling at high speeds is also excellent. I just can't believe they put together a winner .

Favorite Features

427 cubic inch 505HP. The brakes are perfect. The sound system is excellent. The sound of the engine when going all out.

Suggested Improvements

Splitter is a little weak. Should come with a radar detector. Four extra sets of tires, the first two are gone in ten thousand miles.

Great car but...
By Tom Beames

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome performance but having problems with shifting from 2nd-3rd and 1st-2nd. Seems as though shifting linkage is not lined up. Some body work needed to be done by dealer. Poor alignment of right front fender, headlight, wheel well liner, etc. There also is a very noticable "mold" seam in left rear fender. Dealer wanted to buff it out and repaint. I said no. Lots of minor paint imperfections. Car is black so it shows everything. But, Lord it is fun!

Favorite Features

Runs like a scalded dog. Very quick, very fast. I wondered if there was much difference between my C6 and my C6 ZO6. The answer is "YUP".

Suggested Improvements

Pay more arrention to detail. Raise the price some if necessary but get it right the first time.

Love My ZO6
By Big Gar

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette.It is truly unbelievable. It cruises the highways smoothly with no effort at all, then downshift and hold on it is gone. MPG is great, as I have made several long trips and averaged 26.7 mpg. Who needs a hybrid? The heat of the center console is tolerable for a while, then move your leg, just too hot. The faster I went in this rocket the better the handling felt. Taking mountain roads with signs saying 25 mph or 35 mph on tight curves and even hairpins at twice that speed was nothing for this car. Have had two other makes of American built so called rockets back down from this car.

Favorite Features

The exhilirating speed and handling. Overall looks. It's a head turner. The milage it gets.

Suggested Improvements

Change the small wing on the trunk lid. Improve the insulation around the center console.