Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

The Affordable Supercar
By BikerJoe

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is truly a supercar that not only performs as well as cars costing hundreds of thousands, but beats most of them on the track and around town. I demand performance and drive mine fairly hard. My Z06 never lets me down, whether zipping through the curvy mountain roads at insane speeds or in stoplight to stoplight g-force fun. Also, I don't know where the mpg rating comes from in this listing, but I never get lower than 21-22 mpg average for a tank, and I get about 28-29 while cruising the highways at 74 mph. On a recent trip to Kentucky, I drove for 1200 miles and averaged 25 mpg, even though they were very mostly hard-driven miles. Interior is only okay. Build quality is awful.

Favorite Features

Performance, engineering, racecar that is daily drivable. The engineers deserve real credit and kudos. The assembly plant people should be ashamed of themselves for the horrible build quality. They cause a reliability shadow to be cast over what should be known as the best car in the world.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality - horrible - my roof flew off at highway speeds. Been to the assembly plant and saw why - worst I've seen and I've seen many. They should visit the Toyota plant 1.5 hours away to learn how to manufacture cars. CD is the worst I've seen - functions like an old cassette player.

sexy vette
By Kathy

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

Favorite Features

The looks...need I say more? Any Corvette owner will tell you, this car is hard to beat! It is a looker! Dude magnet, in my case!

Suggested Improvements

better molding, smoother ride, better sound system, lower the price of replacement parts and maintenance, it is pretty expensive to keep this care running perfect.

Idaho Z06
By idaspud

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Acceleration is unbelievable, control and cornering is excellent, ride comfort is good, interior quality is mediocre at best. Gas mileage is great too, get around 32 on the highway. Most fun car to drive I have ever had and I'm 66.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and jealous looks from the young men.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality should be better, real leather.

2006 Z51 Corvette Coupe
By Rhuland

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Picked this up used. Was a NCM delivery. Very clean and still like new. I love everything about this fine piece of Americana. I have been waiting a decade to get this vehicle and now could not be happier. I love the torque, HP, fit and finish, HUD and on and on. I highly encourage you to get one if you can.

Favorite Features

HUD, Z51 Performance Packg, Corsa Exhaust, Vortex Air, and overall phenomenal looks of the C6.

Suggested Improvements

None.

2006 Z51 Corvette coupe AT
By hunter

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My driving and ownership experience has lived up to what I thought it would be! All i can say is wow this car is a monster.

Favorite Features

I love the heads up display it really helps you keep your eyes on the road & the paddle shifter for the AT.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing i would suggest would be have a air bag for your head