2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Love It after 2 Years!
By G. EARL on 07/27/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It'll be 2 years in a few days, and I love it as much as ever! It never gets boring to walk out to the garage and get in it to go. Great styling has always been a trademark of Corvette as well as totally awesome performance. Now, I get really good gas mileage as well (27+ hwy). I have 26000 miles now, just put on my first set of tires, change oil when recommended, and have had virtually no trouble with it. Didn't know til the day before purchase that I would get the auto trans. Always thought it wasn't a "real" Vette unless man. transmission. Wrong! Auto is the only way to go if you're in city traffic too much or have a bad hip (me). Got the 1LT (base). Didn't want/need the extras.

Retired and in heaven!
By FSTOLMAN on 07/19/08 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned a couple of Corvettes years ago and I enjoyed them. I'm retired now and couldn't avoid purchasing a two year old 2006 Z06 with 3,600 miles. Even my wonderful wife was so mezmerized with this car, she said buy it! The car is perfect and I am totally amazed with how great this Z06 is. Great looks, great power, fantastic handling and performance. I don't need to quote the stats. The car is a thrill every time I get behind the wheel. When I just look at it in my garage, I feel like I am in heaven.

Power for the Daily Drive
By deacon on 04/25/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car has had no problems other than the removable roof panel that GM replaced at no charge. The car gets abour 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the freeway with comfort, power, and style. It has handled the dust and heat of the Arizona summers (the A?C works very quickly even in 110 degrees). Great daily driver.

Best Bang for the Buck
By HawaiiC6 on 04/06/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have gone through a lot of sports cars in the recent years, MB CLK500, BMW M3 (2x), Dodge Viper, BMW 330ci, BMW 645ci and then I came across the Corvette C6 and of all things it was in a BMW showroom. I instantly fell in love with the looks and lines of the car. Once you get behind the wheel and you feel and hear that mighty V8 roar to life, you know you are in something special. The car I have has the 6 speed auto with paddle feature and it is simply great. You can work the car as a manual but without having to step on a clutch which is great in traffic. The only caution is learn to drive the car it is fast...fast...fast. This is the best bang for the buck.

Wow! This must be what love feels like.
By RC1 on 03/08/08 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever owned. Prices are right and the performance is awsome. I have the 3LT and Z51 option plus NAV so the interior, in my opinion, is fantastic especially considering that this car is not your mother's luxury sedan. This car is about speed - hot, nasty, speed. After about 25 seconds at full throttle, your heart will be pounding in your chest, you'll be giggling like a maniac, and you'll be smiling so hard your face will actually hurt. My advice to you should you buy this car: respect the power always always always; get a really good radar detector. Check out the procharger supercharger. Yikes.

Not A Car for Everyone
By Dale on 02/05/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is not a car for everyone and it was not intended to be. This is a car for car enthusiasts who not only tolerate a firm ride and aggressive exhaust but demand it. I hear of buyers who want to quiet the car and make it more comfortable to drive. Give me a break. Why did you buy this car in the first place? After GM spent millions making the car lighter these buyers add sound deadening material. If your not used to driving high performance cars don't buy this car or be prepared to learn since traction can be difficult to come by even with traction control on. Also, you guys that have to ride around in plush leather living room furniture buy a Maserati.

2006 Daily Driver
By R Deacon on 12/26/07 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great quality and fun to drive. Had the car since we drove it off the lot into the 100 degree + days in Arizona. It has been thought a second summer as a daily driver in the dust and heat with no problems. Still has original run flat tires on at 24,000 miles. Paint has resisted scratching and chipping and it still looks new. All of the electronics work flawlessly (heads-up- display, navigation, bose sound, programable personal settings, etc). Great car!

Fun and comfort
By Fred Kraus on 11/16/07 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We traded a 2002 coupe for a low mileage 2006. They are two different cars. The 2002 was fun and fast, but not as smooth as the 2006. The 2006 is blindingly fast and very comfortable on long rides. Two trips from FL to NY, and one trip to Bowling Green. Room for two carryon size bags, one ice chest and one tolietries bag. 28 MPG avg. 85mph=2000RPM. Lots of waves and thumbs up. Can't stop grinning

C6 Corvette Coupe
By Volocty on 09/04/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my car now for almost 2 years and it is hands down the most exciting car I've ever owned. Power, style, and even the fuel mileage is fantastic. We just came back from a 3400 mile road trip, avg 27.2 mpg, it was so comfortable, no complaints. Passing power & it drives like it's on rails. The coupe offers the best of both worlds, as the roof comes off and stows in the back, when ever you're craving a little wind in your hair. I have the 6spd Auto w/Paddle shiffting and we used it aevery time we came across some twisty roads. I can't wait for the next road trip... (yeah I'm still smiling)

New Z06
By JACK SENN on 07/22/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is the best car I've ever driven. The power is unbelievable. The fact that I can take a Lamborghini Gallardo or a Ferrari F490 in an American car that costs a third of what those two do is amazing. The styling is incredible, the ride is smoother than the 911 4s, or the BMW M6. This car is the real deal. My 505 hp 7.0l engine is getting about 22 miles to the gallon. This is all around the best car on the market for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.