2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews 10

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Jim's 2006 z06
By Jim on 11/05/05 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My car is a Black 2006 Z06. I drove the car off the showroom in Long Beach Ca to Modesto CA. 300 miles of fun. A very cool car. Looks great and other people always looking at it. It drives like a race car. Very powerful. The car will take off. Very comfortable interior and the touch screen navigation/stereo is very fun

Straight shooter
By IcesStraight on 10/28/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car pulls no punches and I love it! The steering wheel is too close to the driver's head and is sure to send many to the hospital when the airbag deploys.

What an awesome machine
By sfcc on 10/23/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Your writers are correct!! The C6 ranks right up there with some of the finest sports cars made. I have driven 2500 miles. It has been 2500 miles of quiet,tight,comfort and responsive miles I have ever driven. It's fun to drive,great to look at and 17 miles to a gallon in stop and go traffic isn't bad either. Other drivers give this car alot of respect in traffic by making room for me. Forget the power roof for $2,000.00, manual is just as quick.

Z06, a race car for the street.
By Terry on 10/21/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

427 cubic inches with 505 horsepower and 475 ft. lbs. of torque in a 3100 lb package. The car is absolutely awesome in acceleration, braking, handling. I have owned 6 Corvettes in the past. This is by far the baddest production Corvette produced so far. The torque of the engine is seamless from idle to it;s 7,000 rpm redline.This vehicle's performance is spectacular. It is almost unbelievable this car is so docile and easy in bumper to bumper traffic as it is right at home on the race track doing 150mph plus. The 6 piston calipers up front with 14" rotors and the 4 piston calipers with 13.5" rotors making stopping unbelievable. On the race track there is absolutely no fad.

Bad machine
By PATRICK on 10/20/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Vette, 61,66,78,96 & 06 and this is the best overall. Speed, performance, looks, and good ole American muscle. Compared to foreign cars this one is a steal and a head turner. Congrats to gm and more importantly the corvette division. Great job, keep ‘em coming and make the Vette live on, for ever and ever.

LBM Coupe
By Bill on 10/19/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Second one I've had, much better than 2002. Daily driver and vacation driving are a pleasure. Quiet until you ask for more, nice quality on the interior, body is solid, anndlin is great. Mag ride is worth the money, and Corvette Museum delivery is a nice option.

Fun for all ages
By ljarodsky on 10/19/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette, having owned Mercedes and BMW's. I wondered about quality, but the quality is excellent, performance is fantastic, and it's fun to drive, as well as reasonalbe fuel mileage. If you are driving a foreign performance car you should give this one a try. I rate it very highly and I've had them all.

Best car ever
By new vett owner on 10/17/05 07:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car goes above and beyond its reputation. It is fun to drive and has surprisingly good gas mileage when cruising on the highway. Contrary to critics, the interior is very nice in my opinion. The '06 handles much better than the '05.

An American Classic Grows Up!
By Mike on 10/14/05 06:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I did not set out to buy a Corvette. I was going to purchase a SL or CLK series Benz or a 6-series BMW (all available as convertibles). I visited the dealerships, I test drove the cars, they all had power and refinement and, yet, bored me stiff! I happened to pull into a Chevy dealer (for the first time in 20 years) ... the new C6 Vettes both resembled their heritage and yet looked different. I test drove one. I fell in love! This car LOVES the road! The seating position is perfect, the responsiveness of the engine is amazing, and you feel like you couldn't come unglued from the asphalt if you tried. This car inspires confidence. I bought a fully-loaded ragtop the same day.

The 6th generation of a classic
By Chris on 09/16/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car not only grabs the attention of passerbys, but you also have the speed to get away from gawkers at anytime. The only complaint I would have is the stiff suspension on long trips. If you replace the runflats with a non runflat tire it will take care of the problem though