Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

It is a way of life
By EightySixTangos

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked it up at the National Corvette Museum, in Bowling, Kentucky. It is a red convertible with paddle shift. Once it was broken in I drove it 2600 miles with the top down. The only problem I had was dead bugs all over the front bumper and side mirrors. I previously had a red C4 Convertible. The difference in ride quality and handling is phenomenol. Be sure and get it with Paddle Shift. Once you get used to used to it, you will notice a huge performance difference between it and the automatic. If you can, go to the National Corvette Museum for delivery. They take you on a personal tour of the factory. Remember, Corvette owners' wave at each other. Save the Wave!

Favorite Features

The Paddle Shift, navigation, Magnetic Ride, and the keyless everything. I also like the placing of the XM Radio antenna and the Navigation System Antenna in the side mirrors. There is nothing uglier than a sleek car with its lines broken by those ugly antennas

Suggested Improvements

6 or 12 CD Player available with the Navigation system.

Fun car
By jerry

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love pretty much everything about the car, handling, speed, style, the look of course, and for the price, it clearly is the best sports car in value. Enough said. Speed

Favorite Features

Speed, roar of the engine, and handling

Suggested Improvements

I have only had the car for a month and a half, so at this stage I see nothing wrong.

What A Car!
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Vette for about six weeks now. All I can say is this is one fine roadster. The power is intoxicating. The handling and ride are exceptional with the F55 suspension. I've had two Honda S2000 roadsters prior to this and there's no comparison. The combination of performance and comfort completely eclipse the Honda. If you're looking for a "toy" I don't believe there are many better choices than this car. Especially, when one factors in the cost to performance ratio. Cheverolet has to have produced one of the best values in this market segment.

Favorite Features

The motor! I can't believe anyone needs more power than the LS2 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps more interior storage. Seatback pockets would be useful.

The best car ever made in the US
By My5th vette Jamil

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is so much fun to drive, handles turns very well it's like a stealth jet. This is my 5th vVtte and by far the best ever made. The biggest downfall is the mark up dealers put on these cars. Other than that the car is a ten. By far the best ever. 505 hp is enough for the averge Joe like me! If you can afford the car then is a must to have .

Favorite Features

The slick look to the car! And the wide rear tires. YEA! what a car. The front lights and the comfort in the cab.

Suggested Improvements

NONE.. dont fix something that is perfect now!

Best Corvette , {Ever}
By Stan Phillips

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 C6, is the 5th Corvette that I've owned. It is also the best one I have owned. Design, workmanship, handling, power & overall driving is great. I was a little disturbed with the new body style, at first, {but}, after having it for a couple of weeks, you really see that it's a great design, with all the sculptured front fender style, rear styling etc. I liked the C5, & was going to purchase a C5, but after studying the new C6, realized that it is a {MUCH} better car. The engineering of the it is the best ever. I'm very happy with The C6 & give it a 10 rating. Chevy top engineers really did a fine job with it. Very nice Corvette, Especially for the money. Other sport type cars with it's performance,{like the Ferrari}, & Porche, cost much more.& really don't perform that much greater, or as good. I highly recommend the C6, as I'm very happy with mine.

Favorite Features

Handling is much lighter & positive than previous Corvettes. Engine is very responsive & much more power than needed, but nice to have. Workmanship & body mat'l. I also like the new electronic actuated doors & other electronic features,& the heads up display, which is on the C5's also.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.