Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (29 reviews )

it could have been great
By scoundral

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy missed its chance. Cheap typical American car interior and materials. If the sun is out you cannot see the Nav. Talking about the Nav. it seemed about three years out of date when the car was new. Chevy needs to learn from Japan. The sound system has the same issue, just ok when it could have easily been great for not much more money. Sorry no I-Pod connection here. Controls are not on wheel either, this had become the norm on a new car. Run flats hold ok but create a hard ride, last 18000 and cost $500. each. My tranny was fine then just failed, in shop for 6 weeks and now 200 miles later has failed again. Thank god for my extended warranty. lots of little problems.

Favorite Features

This car looks great and is fast fast fast. When it is working and it did well for 55000 miles, I was loving this car and getting ready to buy a new one.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller wheel with squared off bottom. Lots of vett owners are a bit large and a few years old, a nice sport wheel would be cool. Sound system needs to have some umf, real umf. Let me store music on the hard drive. Learn from Audi interior not from Yugo interior and gauges. cheap looking !!!

"Z06"...whats left to say
By Nomad

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

As with most American boys...I have always dreamed of a Corvette. I have owned several BMW's, Camaro's, a Mustang, and a Trans-Am/Formula Firebird (original 6.6) My RED 2006 Z06 is by far my favorite. I have had people get out of their car in a bank drive through to look at it. I had several grown men ask to get a picture of them standing next to it...and its an AMERICAN car...WOW! I get more people looking at it on a daily basis than any car I have owned...Including the BMW's. I love the fact I can drive it everyday...with the only exception being in the snow.

Favorite Features

Power to weight ratio is better than my motorcycle...WOW! The G's that you experience when accelerating from a stop to 130 Mpg while getting on a freeway just cant be matched for less than $100k. The looks of the Z06 are killer. 505 HP AND 30 MPG on the freeway (I get 28-32 regularly)

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a little cheap. I spend $1,500 a year on tires...ouch. (10,000 miles a year) I hate the 1st-4th forced shift...I punch it off the line just to avoid it. (maybe that explains the tires) All the drool on the ground when its parked. Being able to go 200mph and no place to do it...

The Affordable Supercar
By BikerJoe

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is truly a supercar that not only performs as well as cars costing hundreds of thousands, but beats most of them on the track and around town. I demand performance and drive mine fairly hard. My Z06 never lets me down, whether zipping through the curvy mountain roads at insane speeds or in stoplight to stoplight g-force fun. Also, I don't know where the mpg rating comes from in this listing, but I never get lower than 21-22 mpg average for a tank, and I get about 28-29 while cruising the highways at 74 mph. On a recent trip to Kentucky, I drove for 1200 miles and averaged 25 mpg, even though they were very mostly hard-driven miles. Interior is only okay. Build quality is awful.

Favorite Features

Performance, engineering, racecar that is daily drivable. The engineers deserve real credit and kudos. The assembly plant people should be ashamed of themselves for the horrible build quality. They cause a reliability shadow to be cast over what should be known as the best car in the world.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality - horrible - my roof flew off at highway speeds. Been to the assembly plant and saw why - worst I've seen and I've seen many. They should visit the Toyota plant 1.5 hours away to learn how to manufacture cars. CD is the worst I've seen - functions like an old cassette player.

Idaho Z06
By idaspud

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Acceleration is unbelievable, control and cornering is excellent, ride comfort is good, interior quality is mediocre at best. Gas mileage is great too, get around 32 on the highway. Most fun car to drive I have ever had and I'm 66.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and jealous looks from the young men.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality should be better, real leather.

Retired and in heaven!
By FSTOLMAN

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned a couple of Corvettes years ago and I enjoyed them. I'm retired now and couldn't avoid purchasing a two year old 2006 Z06 with 3,600 miles. Even my wonderful wife was so mezmerized with this car, she said buy it! The car is perfect and I am totally amazed with how great this Z06 is. Great looks, great power, fantastic handling and performance. I don't need to quote the stats. The car is a thrill every time I get behind the wheel. When I just look at it in my garage, I feel like I am in heaven.

Favorite Features

I like the HUD, sound of the bi-mode exhaust, and the paint quality is real nice. Although the 2LZ option package was not important to me at first, all of the bells and whistles are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

I love the car too much to nit pick but the rear hatch needs the electric pull down feature like the coupe. I always seem to need to slam it closed twice before it closes all of the way.