Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

Favorite Features

Z51 package, 6sp. 2LT... Nothing bothers me about this car. For the money, i got exactly what i expected: fast unadulterated FUN.

Suggested Improvements

Just One: never discontinue this model.

My honest opinion of this car
By nomorefords

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and I'm very happy with this car.The power of the LS2 brings tears to my eyes.A definite eye catcher on the roads.Has many options that other performance cars just don't have.I have the fully loaded LT3 pkg w/select ride 6spd paddleshift.With the select ride switched between tour/sport it really doesn't fell any different.The heated seats are never used because the climate controls work so good.The bose system sounds so good and I'm very happy with the center control lay out. If I were to purchase another corvette I would get a 6spd manual transmission,opt out of the select ride and heated seats.

Favorite Features

The telescopic steering,heads up display,stereo,6 way power seats,removable roof.The power!!!

Suggested Improvements

I would like a more throaty exhaust sound at idle.Other than that its an amazing car.

sexy vette
By Kathy

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

Favorite Features

The looks...need I say more? Any Corvette owner will tell you, this car is hard to beat! It is a looker! Dude magnet, in my case!

Suggested Improvements

better molding, smoother ride, better sound system, lower the price of replacement parts and maintenance, it is pretty expensive to keep this care running perfect.

2006 Z51 Corvette Coupe
By Rhuland

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Picked this up used. Was a NCM delivery. Very clean and still like new. I love everything about this fine piece of Americana. I have been waiting a decade to get this vehicle and now could not be happier. I love the torque, HP, fit and finish, HUD and on and on. I highly encourage you to get one if you can.

Favorite Features

HUD, Z51 Performance Packg, Corsa Exhaust, Vortex Air, and overall phenomenal looks of the C6.

Suggested Improvements

None.

2006 Z51 Corvette coupe AT
By hunter

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My driving and ownership experience has lived up to what I thought it would be! All i can say is wow this car is a monster.

Favorite Features

I love the heads up display it really helps you keep your eyes on the road & the paddle shifter for the AT.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing i would suggest would be have a air bag for your head