2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )
Great Buy! New or Used!
By TK on 04/26/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a 2006 C6 Convertible used with 45k miles. Love driving this car more and more every time I take her out. Acceleration is very strong and handling is great. The power of this car should be respected but at the same time it is a wonderful daily driver that does not jerk you around. Ride quality is much better than expected but I can do without the noise from the Navigation system; it sounds like a DVD / CD is constantly adjusting. Great over all value!

Big improvement on C5
By Baldegl on 02/20/07 08:59 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 2000 C5 and the upgrade in almost every respect on the C6 is very apparent. It is amazing how quiet and relatively comfortable the car has become. The C5 seems almost primitive in comparison and build quality is significantly improved. Top is tight with no wind noise or moisture leakage. No rattles in a convertible or noticeable flex in bumps and curves so structural rigidity must be good.

This car rocks in every way
By Lance in SD on 02/12/07 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was hooked from the first drive. My torch red machine attracts folks wherever I go. I have the six speed manual, nice short throw with a very good feel. The power top works very well. Astounded at how well freeway noise is muted at speed, which is why I bought the ragtop. I've read the C6 was designed as a ragtop - very rigid frame and body. No windshield flap (unlike the new Mustang ragtop!). The roadster is unbelievably solid, but refined. It really is an incredible automobile. Chevy got it right.

My Mistress
By Merrit on 09/21/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Better adjustable seats would be nice and the interior could be better compared to the Euro cars I have. Performance and fun factor is unbeatable. This car is the best bang for any dollar. Need a change holder instead of a lighter/cig tray. If you can, buy one!

Dream Drive
By powrcat on 08/26/06 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet! I love my Victory Red '06 Z-51 Convertible. I wash it, dry it, and could stare at it for hours. I have owned an M3, SL500, CLK55 AMG, and this Vette is by far the best of them all. It really is an American dream. I will own this car forever.

Great Car
By Ellen on 07/07/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third generation Corvette. The styling is absolutely gorgeous. (I also liked the sytling on my 1999 Vette.) Thought about buying the Mercedes 500 SL convertible. My car was parked next to it and I thought the Corvette was so much better looking. The manual top on my last car (the '99) was much easier to use. The guys at the dealership talked me into the manual top, and I find it hard to latch. I also think the heads up display is a waste of money. I feel that feature should be eliminated the make the power top standard. As even inexpensive convertibles all have power tops. Other than that, the Corvette gives you the most bang for the buck.

It is a way of life
By EightySixTangos on 06/22/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked it up at the National Corvette Museum, in Bowling, Kentucky. It is a red convertible with paddle shift. Once it was broken in I drove it 2600 miles with the top down. The only problem I had was dead bugs all over the front bumper and side mirrors. I previously had a red C4 Convertible. The difference in ride quality and handling is phenomenol. Be sure and get it with Paddle Shift. Once you get used to used to it, you will notice a huge performance difference between it and the automatic. If you can, go to the National Corvette Museum for delivery. They take you on a personal tour of the factory. Remember, Corvette owners' wave at each other. Save the Wave!

What A Car!
By Jim on 06/19/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Vette for about six weeks now. All I can say is this is one fine roadster. The power is intoxicating. The handling and ride are exceptional with the F55 suspension. I've had two Honda S2000 roadsters prior to this and there's no comparison. The combination of performance and comfort completely eclipse the Honda. If you're looking for a "toy" I don't believe there are many better choices than this car. Especially, when one factors in the cost to performance ratio. Cheverolet has to have produced one of the best values in this market segment.

'06 Vette Convertible
By Bart on 05/16/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a superb automobile. Very impressed with build quality and ride. Personally, I think the interior is excellent. Car is so fast it is almost scary! Handling is excellent. This is one sweet roadster!

Corvette Convertible
By Jarvis Renfrow on 03/27/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The best looking, fastest, sexiest, head turning, satisfying pride of ownership, status symble, that everybody including kids recognizes in the world. Mine is torch red and brother it is red hot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.