Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (25 reviews )

Great Buy! New or Used!
By TK

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a 2006 C6 Convertible used with 45k miles. Love driving this car more and more every time I take her out. Acceleration is very strong and handling is great. The power of this car should be respected but at the same time it is a wonderful daily driver that does not jerk you around. Ride quality is much better than expected but I can do without the noise from the Navigation system; it sounds like a DVD / CD is constantly adjusting. Great over all value!

Favorite Features

Plenty of Power and fun to drive! Best bang for your buck, and I've driven many different sport and luxury vehicles. Convertible with power feature takes 18 seconds to open / close.

Suggested Improvements

A navigation system that does not constantly make that irritating sound. I have been assured by the dealer that this is normal and does not affect the electronics or the car. A little more flash on the dash would be nice...less plastic.

Big improvement on C5
By Baldegl

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 2000 C5 and the upgrade in almost every respect on the C6 is very apparent. It is amazing how quiet and relatively comfortable the car has become. The C5 seems almost primitive in comparison and build quality is significantly improved. Top is tight with no wind noise or moisture leakage. No rattles in a convertible or noticeable flex in bumps and curves so structural rigidity must be good.

Favorite Features

6 speed transmission. Improved NAV and audio system. Great combination of handling and performance with comfort and economical use. Luggage capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Interior remains a little subpar compared with the BMW 3 series and others at this price point. (I also had a 2002 M3 convertible) Option prices for things lkie wheels are high. Difficult to find without OnStar.

This car rocks in every way
By Lance in SD

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was hooked from the first drive. My torch red machine attracts folks wherever I go. I have the six speed manual, nice short throw with a very good feel. The power top works very well. Astounded at how well freeway noise is muted at speed, which is why I bought the ragtop. I've read the C6 was designed as a ragtop - very rigid frame and body. No windshield flap (unlike the new Mustang ragtop!). The roadster is unbelievably solid, but refined. It really is an incredible automobile. Chevy got it right.

Favorite Features

LS2, six speed, Z51 brakes, way cool appearance.

Suggested Improvements

I'm still shaking from driving it. The NAV is very cool. Possibly an added external unit interface for an IPOD.

My Mistress
By Merrit

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Better adjustable seats would be nice and the interior could be better compared to the Euro cars I have. Performance and fun factor is unbeatable. This car is the best bang for any dollar. Need a change holder instead of a lighter/cig tray. If you can, buy one!

Favorite Features

Heart pounding acceleration and torque.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Steering needs to be quicker and the turning radius is way too big.

Dream Drive
By powrcat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet! I love my Victory Red '06 Z-51 Convertible. I wash it, dry it, and could stare at it for hours. I have owned an M3, SL500, CLK55 AMG, and this Vette is by far the best of them all. It really is an American dream. I will own this car forever.

Favorite Features

Paddle shift. The automatic transmission is a lot of fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Better original equipment. Tires that last longer.