2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G on 03/06/10 16:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

My honest opinion of this car
By nomorefords on 01/09/10 22:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and I'm very happy with this car.The power of the LS2 brings tears to my eyes.A definite eye catcher on the roads.Has many options that other performance cars just don't have.I have the fully loaded LT3 pkg w/select ride 6spd paddleshift.With the select ride switched between tour/sport it really doesn't fell any different.The heated seats are never used because the climate controls work so good.The bose system sounds so good and I'm very happy with the center control lay out. If I were to purchase another corvette I would get a 6spd manual transmission,opt out of the select ride and heated seats.

sexy vette
By Kathy on 07/10/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

2006 Z51 Corvette Coupe
By Rhuland on 03/28/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Picked this up used. Was a NCM delivery. Very clean and still like new. I love everything about this fine piece of Americana. I have been waiting a decade to get this vehicle and now could not be happier. I love the torque, HP, fit and finish, HUD and on and on. I highly encourage you to get one if you can.

2006 Z51 Corvette coupe AT
By hunter on 11/14/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My driving and ownership experience has lived up to what I thought it would be! All i can say is wow this car is a monster.

Love It after 2 Years!
By G. EARL on 07/27/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It'll be 2 years in a few days, and I love it as much as ever! It never gets boring to walk out to the garage and get in it to go. Great styling has always been a trademark of Corvette as well as totally awesome performance. Now, I get really good gas mileage as well (27+ hwy). I have 26000 miles now, just put on my first set of tires, change oil when recommended, and have had virtually no trouble with it. Didn't know til the day before purchase that I would get the auto trans. Always thought it wasn't a "real" Vette unless man. transmission. Wrong! Auto is the only way to go if you're in city traffic too much or have a bad hip (me). Got the 1LT (base). Didn't want/need the extras.

Power for the Daily Drive
By deacon on 04/25/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car has had no problems other than the removable roof panel that GM replaced at no charge. The car gets abour 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the freeway with comfort, power, and style. It has handled the dust and heat of the Arizona summers (the A?C works very quickly even in 110 degrees). Great daily driver.

Best Bang for the Buck
By HawaiiC6 on 04/06/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have gone through a lot of sports cars in the recent years, MB CLK500, BMW M3 (2x), Dodge Viper, BMW 330ci, BMW 645ci and then I came across the Corvette C6 and of all things it was in a BMW showroom. I instantly fell in love with the looks and lines of the car. Once you get behind the wheel and you feel and hear that mighty V8 roar to life, you know you are in something special. The car I have has the 6 speed auto with paddle feature and it is simply great. You can work the car as a manual but without having to step on a clutch which is great in traffic. The only caution is learn to drive the car it is fast...fast...fast. This is the best bang for the buck.

Wow! This must be what love feels like.
By RC1 on 03/08/08 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever owned. Prices are right and the performance is awsome. I have the 3LT and Z51 option plus NAV so the interior, in my opinion, is fantastic especially considering that this car is not your mother's luxury sedan. This car is about speed - hot, nasty, speed. After about 25 seconds at full throttle, your heart will be pounding in your chest, you'll be giggling like a maniac, and you'll be smiling so hard your face will actually hurt. My advice to you should you buy this car: respect the power always always always; get a really good radar detector. Check out the procharger supercharger. Yikes.

2006 Daily Driver
By R Deacon on 12/26/07 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great quality and fun to drive. Had the car since we drove it off the lot into the 100 degree + days in Arizona. It has been thought a second summer as a daily driver in the dust and heat with no problems. Still has original run flat tires on at 24,000 miles. Paint has resisted scratching and chipping and it still looks new. All of the electronics work flawlessly (heads-up- display, navigation, bose sound, programable personal settings, etc). Great car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.