2006 Chevrolet Corvette 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2006 Corvette Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Rating
Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

Favorite Features

Z51 package, 6sp. 2LT... Nothing bothers me about this car. For the money, i got exactly what i expected: fast unadulterated FUN.

Suggested Improvements

Just One: never discontinue this model.

My honest opinion of this car
By nomorefords

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and I'm very happy with this car.The power of the LS2 brings tears to my eyes.A definite eye catcher on the roads.Has many options that other performance cars just don't have.I have the fully loaded LT3 pkg w/select ride 6spd paddleshift.With the select ride switched between tour/sport it really doesn't fell any different.The heated seats are never used because the climate controls work so good.The bose system sounds so good and I'm very happy with the center control lay out. If I were to purchase another corvette I would get a 6spd manual transmission,opt out of the select ride and heated seats.

Favorite Features

The telescopic steering,heads up display,stereo,6 way power seats,removable roof.The power!!!

Suggested Improvements

I would like a more throaty exhaust sound at idle.Other than that its an amazing car.

sexy vette
By Kathy

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

Favorite Features

The looks...need I say more? Any Corvette owner will tell you, this car is hard to beat! It is a looker! Dude magnet, in my case!

Suggested Improvements

better molding, smoother ride, better sound system, lower the price of replacement parts and maintenance, it is pretty expensive to keep this care running perfect.

2006 Z51 Corvette Coupe
By Rhuland

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Picked this up used. Was a NCM delivery. Very clean and still like new. I love everything about this fine piece of Americana. I have been waiting a decade to get this vehicle and now could not be happier. I love the torque, HP, fit and finish, HUD and on and on. I highly encourage you to get one if you can.

Favorite Features

HUD, Z51 Performance Packg, Corsa Exhaust, Vortex Air, and overall phenomenal looks of the C6.

Suggested Improvements

None.

2006 Z51 Corvette coupe AT
By hunter

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My driving and ownership experience has lived up to what I thought it would be! All i can say is wow this car is a monster.

Favorite Features

I love the heads up display it really helps you keep your eyes on the road & the paddle shifter for the AT.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing i would suggest would be have a air bag for your head

Love It after 2 Years!
By G. EARL

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It'll be 2 years in a few days, and I love it as much as ever! It never gets boring to walk out to the garage and get in it to go. Great styling has always been a trademark of Corvette as well as totally awesome performance. Now, I get really good gas mileage as well (27+ hwy). I have 26000 miles now, just put on my first set of tires, change oil when recommended, and have had virtually no trouble with it. Didn't know til the day before purchase that I would get the auto trans. Always thought it wasn't a "real" Vette unless man. transmission. Wrong! Auto is the only way to go if you're in city traffic too much or have a bad hip (me). Got the 1LT (base). Didn't want/need the extras.

Favorite Features

Top "Smiles per Gallon" American car.

Suggested Improvements

Better leather on side bolsters of driver's seat, where your back jean's pocket rubs every entry. Ashtray doesn't stay closed. Needs built-in lifting pucks.

Power for the Daily Drive
By deacon

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car has had no problems other than the removable roof panel that GM replaced at no charge. The car gets abour 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the freeway with comfort, power, and style. It has handled the dust and heat of the Arizona summers (the A?C works very quickly even in 110 degrees). Great daily driver.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Replace the stock Goodyear tires with a better quailty tire like Michelin.

Best Bang for the Buck
By HawaiiC6

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have gone through a lot of sports cars in the recent years, MB CLK500, BMW M3 (2x), Dodge Viper, BMW 330ci, BMW 645ci and then I came across the Corvette C6 and of all things it was in a BMW showroom. I instantly fell in love with the looks and lines of the car. Once you get behind the wheel and you feel and hear that mighty V8 roar to life, you know you are in something special. The car I have has the 6 speed auto with paddle feature and it is simply great. You can work the car as a manual but without having to step on a clutch which is great in traffic. The only caution is learn to drive the car it is fast...fast...fast. This is the best bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Engine, trans and Z51 suspension, I have the 3LT package which has memory seats, heads up display and good privacy screen for the rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the seats as they I am a muscular person and the seats are not wide enough and do not have enough thigh support.

Wow! This must be what love feels like.
By RC1

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the nicest car I have ever owned. Prices are right and the performance is awsome. I have the 3LT and Z51 option plus NAV so the interior, in my opinion, is fantastic especially considering that this car is not your mother's luxury sedan. This car is about speed - hot, nasty, speed. After about 25 seconds at full throttle, your heart will be pounding in your chest, you'll be giggling like a maniac, and you'll be smiling so hard your face will actually hurt. My advice to you should you buy this car: respect the power always always always; get a really good radar detector. Check out the procharger supercharger. Yikes.

Favorite Features

400 hp and 400 ft/lbs at my command. 26 MPG at 65 mph. The NAV center. It's just cool whether you need it or not. The HUD. It too is just cool whether you need it or not. Heated seats. The rumble at ~1500 RPMs. The memory features

Suggested Improvements

I wish the ZO6 body styling was available for the standard C6- specifically the wider fenders and the extra scoops. That would surely make the European sports car designers unhappy.

2006 Daily Driver
By R Deacon

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great quality and fun to drive. Had the car since we drove it off the lot into the 100 degree + days in Arizona. It has been thought a second summer as a daily driver in the dust and heat with no problems. Still has original run flat tires on at 24,000 miles. Paint has resisted scratching and chipping and it still looks new. All of the electronics work flawlessly (heads-up- display, navigation, bose sound, programable personal settings, etc). Great car!

Favorite Features

Power and comfort (I'm 6'2")when you need it and economical to drive on long road trips (30 mpg at 80 mph)

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim