Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great Buy! New or Used!
By TK

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a 2006 C6 Convertible used with 45k miles. Love driving this car more and more every time I take her out. Acceleration is very strong and handling is great. The power of this car should be respected but at the same time it is a wonderful daily driver that does not jerk you around. Ride quality is much better than expected but I can do without the noise from the Navigation system; it sounds like a DVD / CD is constantly adjusting. Great over all value!

Plenty of Power and fun to drive! Best bang for your buck, and I've driven many different sport and luxury vehicles. Convertible with power feature takes 18 seconds to open / close.

A navigation system that does not constantly make that irritating sound. I have been assured by the dealer that this is normal and does not affect the electronics or the car. A little more flash on the dash would be nice...less plastic.

Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

Z51 package, 6sp. 2LT... Nothing bothers me about this car. For the money, i got exactly what i expected: fast unadulterated FUN.

Just One: never discontinue this model.

My honest opinion of this car
By nomorefords

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and I'm very happy with this car.The power of the LS2 brings tears to my eyes.A definite eye catcher on the roads.Has many options that other performance cars just don't have.I have the fully loaded LT3 pkg w/select ride 6spd paddleshift.With the select ride switched between tour/sport it really doesn't fell any different.The heated seats are never used because the climate controls work so good.The bose system sounds so good and I'm very happy with the center control lay out. If I were to purchase another corvette I would get a 6spd manual transmission,opt out of the select ride and heated seats.

The telescopic steering,heads up display,stereo,6 way power seats,removable roof.The power!!!

I would like a more throaty exhaust sound at idle.Other than that its an amazing car.

it could have been great
By scoundral

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy missed its chance. Cheap typical American car interior and materials. If the sun is out you cannot see the Nav. Talking about the Nav. it seemed about three years out of date when the car was new. Chevy needs to learn from Japan. The sound system has the same issue, just ok when it could have easily been great for not much more money. Sorry no I-Pod connection here. Controls are not on wheel either, this had become the norm on a new car. Run flats hold ok but create a hard ride, last 18000 and cost $500. each. My tranny was fine then just failed, in shop for 6 weeks and now 200 miles later has failed again. Thank god for my extended warranty. lots of little problems.

This car looks great and is fast fast fast. When it is working and it did well for 55000 miles, I was loving this car and getting ready to buy a new one.

Smaller wheel with squared off bottom. Lots of vett owners are a bit large and a few years old, a nice sport wheel would be cool. Sound system needs to have some umf, real umf. Let me store music on the hard drive. Learn from Audi interior not from Yugo interior and gauges. cheap looking !!!

"Z06"...whats left to say
By Nomad

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

As with most American boys...I have always dreamed of a Corvette. I have owned several BMW's, Camaro's, a Mustang, and a Trans-Am/Formula Firebird (original 6.6) My RED 2006 Z06 is by far my favorite. I have had people get out of their car in a bank drive through to look at it. I had several grown men ask to get a picture of them standing next to it...and its an AMERICAN car...WOW! I get more people looking at it on a daily basis than any car I have owned...Including the BMW's. I love the fact I can drive it everyday...with the only exception being in the snow.

Power to weight ratio is better than my motorcycle...WOW! The G's that you experience when accelerating from a stop to 130 Mpg while getting on a freeway just cant be matched for less than $100k. The looks of the Z06 are killer. 505 HP AND 30 MPG on the freeway (I get 28-32 regularly)

Interior is a little cheap. I spend $1,500 a year on tires...ouch. (10,000 miles a year) I hate the 1st-4th forced shift...I punch it off the line just to avoid it. (maybe that explains the tires) All the drool on the ground when its parked. Being able to go 200mph and no place to do it...