2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Great Buy! New or Used!
By TK on 04/26/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a 2006 C6 Convertible used with 45k miles. Love driving this car more and more every time I take her out. Acceleration is very strong and handling is great. The power of this car should be respected but at the same time it is a wonderful daily driver that does not jerk you around. Ride quality is much better than expected but I can do without the noise from the Navigation system; it sounds like a DVD / CD is constantly adjusting. Great over all value!

Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G on 03/06/10 16:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

My honest opinion of this car
By nomorefords on 01/09/10 22:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and I'm very happy with this car.The power of the LS2 brings tears to my eyes.A definite eye catcher on the roads.Has many options that other performance cars just don't have.I have the fully loaded LT3 pkg w/select ride 6spd paddleshift.With the select ride switched between tour/sport it really doesn't fell any different.The heated seats are never used because the climate controls work so good.The bose system sounds so good and I'm very happy with the center control lay out. If I were to purchase another corvette I would get a 6spd manual transmission,opt out of the select ride and heated seats.

it could have been great
By scoundral on 12/19/09 01:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy missed its chance. Cheap typical American car interior and materials. If the sun is out you cannot see the Nav. Talking about the Nav. it seemed about three years out of date when the car was new. Chevy needs to learn from Japan. The sound system has the same issue, just ok when it could have easily been great for not much more money. Sorry no I-Pod connection here. Controls are not on wheel either, this had become the norm on a new car. Run flats hold ok but create a hard ride, last 18000 and cost $500. each. My tranny was fine then just failed, in shop for 6 weeks and now 200 miles later has failed again. Thank god for my extended warranty. lots of little problems.

"Z06"...whats left to say
By Nomad on 11/14/09 20:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

As with most American boys...I have always dreamed of a Corvette. I have owned several BMW's, Camaro's, a Mustang, and a Trans-Am/Formula Firebird (original 6.6) My RED 2006 Z06 is by far my favorite. I have had people get out of their car in a bank drive through to look at it. I had several grown men ask to get a picture of them standing next to it...and its an AMERICAN car...WOW! I get more people looking at it on a daily basis than any car I have owned...Including the BMW's. I love the fact I can drive it everyday...with the only exception being in the snow.

The Affordable Supercar
By BikerJoe on 09/13/09 05:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is truly a supercar that not only performs as well as cars costing hundreds of thousands, but beats most of them on the track and around town. I demand performance and drive mine fairly hard. My Z06 never lets me down, whether zipping through the curvy mountain roads at insane speeds or in stoplight to stoplight g-force fun. Also, I don't know where the mpg rating comes from in this listing, but I never get lower than 21-22 mpg average for a tank, and I get about 28-29 while cruising the highways at 74 mph. On a recent trip to Kentucky, I drove for 1200 miles and averaged 25 mpg, even though they were very mostly hard-driven miles. Interior is only okay. Build quality is awful.

sexy vette
By Kathy on 07/10/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

Idaho Z06
By idaspud on 04/25/09 20:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Acceleration is unbelievable, control and cornering is excellent, ride comfort is good, interior quality is mediocre at best. Gas mileage is great too, get around 32 on the highway. Most fun car to drive I have ever had and I'm 66.

2006 Z51 Corvette Coupe
By Rhuland on 03/28/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Picked this up used. Was a NCM delivery. Very clean and still like new. I love everything about this fine piece of Americana. I have been waiting a decade to get this vehicle and now could not be happier. I love the torque, HP, fit and finish, HUD and on and on. I highly encourage you to get one if you can.

2006 Z51 Corvette coupe AT
By hunter on 11/14/08 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My driving and ownership experience has lived up to what I thought it would be! All i can say is wow this car is a monster.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.