Simply Awesome
By Ungksta@aol.com on
2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
Incredible handling, better fuel economy than my 99 Trans-Am that had 80 less horses! Exterior design is a personal choice, but when I look at it, I can't see anything that doesn't flow perfectly. The "controversial" lights light up the road so well, that when my low beam was out (delivered that way) I didn't notice until someone pointed it out to me. (GM fixed it immediately...no problem since.) This is my first Vette, my dream car, and it seems like a dream still. The improvements from the C5 might seem minor to some, but to me it has jumped quite a bit, especially in class. You can tell Chevy did a ton of homework on every intricate detail. Run-flat tires work incredibly well...flat :-)
Favorite Features
Beautiful display. I use the HUD more than I thought. Keyless start/entry/hatch...perfect for me. Nav feature is great, especially for people that don't know how to give directions; all you need is an address. Memory for driver seats, audio, telescoping steering column, temperature + side mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
Center column arm rest should be padded better. A light to signify that the manual transmission is in reverse (small indicator of some sort) would be nice. More base in the rear, the upgraded audio is a great factory product, but still could use a little more beef in the rear.