2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: My first 4000 miles

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

My first 4000 miles
By corvette Jim on

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove a 2005 Corvette with no intention of buying one. The speed & headlights sold me. It is a very comfortable road car. I took a 2000k mi. trip up hwy 1 to Oregon. I averaged 25.6mpg on Hwy and 20.5 in town on unleaded reg.fuel. I put a Borla touring exhaust on the car as the factory exhaust is too quiet. I am happy with the Borla touring exhaust and X pipe. $1625. The doors are very big and you need plenty of room to get out w/o hitting the car parked next to you. The SB2 package is real nice with the two 6 way adjust. seats, HID, Boze stero & telescoping sterring wheel.It is superior in performance,styling & comfort to the Nissan 350z,Porsche Boxster & the 911 The 911 Turbo is a contender.

Love the Front hd.lights love the power and comfort & quietness crusing. The gas mileage is what they advertise. 20city 25-26 hwy.on reg. unleaded not premium. The 22.4cu.ft.trunk space is great for storage & traveling. I like the Boze stereo. The interior is nicely laid out & excellent quality.

Factory door guards. Less drain on electrical system.ie battery ran down! More low end power and better exhaust like Borla or Corsa. Should sound like a Corvette since it will never be as quiet as a Mercd. or Porsche. Need a better lay out for coffee cups ie too close together. Better gas mileage!