Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (171 reviews )

Finally
By Brutal

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Have wanted a Vette since I was little. Now that I could afford one, etc. everyone thinks I'm going thru the mid-life crisis thing. Oh well I was not disappointed in this car. I have owned this car since 11/04 and everyday (no kidding) I look forward to getting in this car to drive it. It is so nice to barely touch the gas and have so much power. I love this car.

The awesome power! I just have the plain ole 350 automatic but this thing is fast.

I'm easy. I really don't know.

Built For A Man, But Made For A Woman
By VICTORY RED!

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had not driven a Vette in over 15 years until I recently got in the driver's seat of the 2005. Needless to say all the reasons I never bought one, aside from being too young, are GONE! The difficult clutch, the stiff shifter, the hard steering, are all gone. Chevy has really come full circle to make this car so easy to drive and opened up the market to women sports car enthusiasts like me. Thankfully I am still young enough to truly enjoy this car. Happy birthday to me from my awesome husband!

Power, speed, ease of manual 6 speed shifting, ease of steering.

Nothing. It is perfect for me!

The Corvette C-6 can't be compared
By Mary

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Chevrolete made all the changes on the C-6 that I would like to have seen on my 2000 C-5 and them some. This car exceeds my expectations as a Corvette lover. The moment I saw the C-6 in person I was trading up. Way up. It is no doubt the most sports car for the price. The pictures and TV ads do not do adequate justice to the appearance of the car in person. My car insurance went down due to the additional safety features. The C-6 is a head turner.

The ride is smoother and much quiter than the C-5. More horsepower with a good mpg for 400 hp. The body is awesome looking and the interior is roomier

I can only wonder what the C-7 design team can come up with. Maybe wings?

C-6 2005 Corvette
By Rick Losey

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned the C-6 2005 since Feb and I have to say the car is outstanding. It gets great gas mileage, has superior handling, and lets of get up and go. This car is the sports car of sports cars. The only cars that can compare cost tens of thousands more than the Vette.

The NAV system and heads up display are outstanding

The radio could us a 6 CD changer. If you order the NAV systems and the high end sound package you cannot get a multi CD unit

My Vette
By ARCH

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The ride is firm but smooth. The body styling is superb, with no wind noise at any speed. The drive train is quite smooth and very responsive. The styling is the best yet for Corvette.

The comfort of the cockpit. The sound system. The lack of interior noise.