2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews 9

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
Trip to Florida, 2005 Vette
By G Green on 03/19/05 13:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 2001 corvette in on this 2005. I drove the 2001 to Florida for four winters and was pleased with the C5. After driving the 2005 down 1350 miles it was a very enjoyable trip. The car rode better and was quieter.

The coolest car
By Car Lover on 03/19/05 09:36 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is one nice car. It's cheaper than all those exotic cars, but performs just as well. The design is great, looks hot and is the ultimate dream machine. I'ts also a convertible, which is a nice feature in summer or for a road trip.

An American Ferrari!
By Vman on 03/15/05 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The design is Ferrari based and is fast as some. It is sleek, stylish and fast. A sports car that not only has the horsepower but comfort, storage space and the cost won't break the bank.

First Corvette
By SteveK on 03/15/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I first drove a Corvette in '78. I thought it was pretty awesome. Well, my new C6 has exceeded all my expectations. It has blazing speed and dazzling handling. Going through the gears has to be similar to flying an F18. It's a head turning beauty and so much fun to drive. I have to believe it's the best bang for the buck true sports car available today. When you sit in the cockpit, grab the wheel, push the ignition, put it in gear and get it rolling you know you have a superb vehicle under your control.

Fun in the City
By D Monroe on 03/13/05 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great combination of performance & comfortable city driving. Love the powerful off-line acceleration coupled with great city & highway gas mileage. In my opinion, there is no better sports coupe under $100,000 that combines the features of great styling, raw performance and pure overall driveability. My wife absolutely loves it. She drives it while I'm out of town on business. Besides the acceleration, she loves the time saving keyless FOB that prevents her from fumbling in her purse for keys when she has groceries or school supplies in her arms. Spacious cargo area. The addition of XM Radio, OnStar, heated seats and HomeLink Transmitter makes life safer & much more driver friendly.

My first new car ever with NOTHING wrong
By Michael I. Krauss on 03/12/05 21:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A total blast to drive, excellent build quality (no defects, no rattles, nada), and absolutely stunning engineering. This car is the best answer to a hard day I've ever seen. It is my daily driver. I have absolutely no regrets for having sold my BMW 3-Series to buy this wonderful vehicle.Find a dealer with a high allocation, or you will wait months for your car. And go to Bowling Green, KY to see it built, as I did -- you will never forget that day.

My 5th Vette. Beyond Comparison
By Mike Zap on 03/10/05 02:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Bought in Texas. Awesome Drive home! This is the first Corvette I have ever been in that rides as good as it looks and goes. Excellent fit and finish, comfortable seats and of course 400 willing horsepower to punch a hole in the road. Creature comforts like heads up display, power heated seats, dual climate controls, 6 CD Bose sound system all coddle the occupants. Great steering, seat comfort and pedal placement make this car sooooo much fun. The nicest thing about this car is it's a Chevy and can be serviced without waiting months for parts or an appointment. Besides all that what could be more American than driving a red Corvette with the top off and my wife sitting at my side?

Get It while You Can!
By Vman on 03/08/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A slick looking Ferrar-like in speed and design. The car is clean looking; even the simple interior design is nice. This car should go into the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art.

New C6 beats them all
By Doc Robbins on 02/20/05 01:37 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked up my beautiful magnetic red C6 right after it came off the truck. It has every available option on it, from the satellite rradio to the navigation system. At first I thought I would miss having the 6 CD changer; but with the XM satellite radio, who needs CD's? I've had navigation systems before. I think they're a necessity to reduce stress if you're traveling any sort of distance to a place unknown. Directions are even shown on the heads up display, and that is a first for me. It's awesome. The car has much more torque than the C5, and the Corvette window noise has finally been eliminated .Corvette is once again the premier sports car in the world!

Great Car!
By Patrick on 02/17/05 16:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

From the first moment I saw this car at the dealer, I knew I had to have it. Paying an extraordinary $59,000 dollars, I still think it is worth it. In fact, with the nice performance and reliability you get in this Corvette, I would have paid 108,000 dollars. It's just a car you don't get anywhere else. I think this car was not only a great car performance wise, but also quality and exterior design. I gave it a 10 because of spotless paint, superb frame, and nice little lights. I think that it was a change for many people to see the old lights go, but they new ones are awesome too. I would strongly reccomend this car if you are a street racer (just kidding!). I found this car very nice..