2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
Awesome Machine
By WilliamJ. Tewksbury on 04/30/05 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Also own 2000 C5 and 2003 C5 as well as the C6. The C6 is by far superior to the C5 in performance as well as design. It is a total delight to drive and deserves the many stares it garners. Once one gets used to the keyless concept the car is even more of a delight. Navigation system easily understood after the first few "tries".

C-5 can't be topped.
By John Castrenze on 04/30/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The C-5 ZO6 is the best of the best for all around performance and certainly for the price. I have owned 26 Vettes since 1965, 4 presently and the "04 Z is tops. I have driven and critiqued the C-6 and have significant dislikes of it because it is now being produced with a NEW Corvette audience in mind, but has failed to keep the true Corvette enthusiast of the past 50 years as the focal point for what a Corvette means to them. Adding gingerbread does not make for a better vehicle and I predict that sales of the C-6 versus that of the C-5 will tell the accurate story. The Corvette is a "sports car" folks, not a luxury ride.

A Dream Come True
By Talal A. on 04/25/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I waited 15 years to buy a corvette. I think it was fate so i could wait for this amazing brand new C6 Corvette. This is the best car out on the streets. I almost slept in the car on the first day out. I just couldn't stay away. Thank you GM. this is a car for the ages. Don't touch this car. David Hill and Co. did a great job. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Smokin'
By loveman on 04/24/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been in my dreams for the longest time and now it is my reality. Regardless of price it is worth every penny. I fell in love with the Vettes since I was a kid, and now I think I will never grow up.

Best sports car for the money
By glen alexander on 04/24/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car will have you on the road at 3:00 in the morning. It calls to you from the driveway. This car handles like it's on rails!! The 0 to 60 times are nothing short of wicked. The car is sexy and turns heads so fast it causes whiplash!!.

Road Racer
By mike on 04/21/05 03:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Chevy Corvette is the top performance vehicle in the United States. The car handles corners at high speeds greater than it's competitors and lets face it, since the late 50's and early 60's the Corvette has been the innovator of the sportscar industry. Drive is real fun yet sophisticated.

C6 Z51
By G Cunningham on 03/28/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Vette does more than what I expected. The speed, handling and looks are out of this world. I was very happy with the acceleration and steering response. I have all my friends trying to buy one now.

PURE FUN
By Don on 03/26/05 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Absolute thrill to drive. The quality is outstanding. Chevrolet has finally developed a Corvette that looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside. It is easier to get in/out and more comfortable as a daily driver than previous models. Highly recommend it. The power is inspiring!

Absolutely fun to drive!
By Runamok23 on 03/24/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Corvette and I am having a blast. It is fast, fun and an eye catcher. I can't tell you how many people have yelled out their window, "Nice Car!" I was even stopped by a cop (lights and everything) just to say he was envious and has always wanted one. After all, the car has great power and an awesome look. This is my first Corvette and it will not be my last. I LOVE IT!

My 13th Vette
By joe9148 on 03/21/05 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Very fast, not disappointed, glad I got the Z51 package. Would not get navagation again; no preset radio stations when navigation is on. No express up on windows, that's a no no. Other than that, it's the best sports car for the money.