Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )

Over The Hill
By lenme50

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am over the hill but just had to have this car. It's a 6 speed and I can lope along fat and happy, but the power is there when you want it. Just downshift and you are dust. Too old to peel rubber, but I manage to move in traffic and still get a respectable 20 MPG in the city.

Favorite Features

6 speed power. Cornering. Appearance, looking fast just parked. Economy compared to other sport cars.

Suggested Improvements

They made the improvements in to 2005 like automatic top, homelink and On- Star.

6 speed convertible rocks
By Top Down

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The performance and ride quality of this car is impressive. More interior refinement would be nice. With the top down this car is hard to beat. Docile and easy to relax in, but ready to pounce with a push of the pedal. The Z51 option does not make the ride too harsh, but this is a sports car, not a limo. Only complaint is break squeal, a common problem with the Z51 cross drilled rotors. Can't be beat for the money - and resale will be high.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition - short throw six speed - manual top operation is a breeze.

Suggested Improvements

Interior refinment - not a BMW or Audi quality wise - rain sensing wipers - trunk must be slammed shut.

My Girl Hanna
By Lynene Lindstrom

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We bought the car at Woodard Chevrolet and flew to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Museum Delivery. After touring the museum and assembly plant we picked up the Vette. It was a wonderful experience. We drove the car back to California and had a great trip. The car is a dream. It handles great, and is all I had hoped for. We are showing it in all Corvette Car shows and it is taking 1st place in all of them. It is my daily driver and I love it. The performance and cornering ability is awesome.

Favorite Features

Memory seat positions, and heated seats. Heads up display. Digital read out for warnings. Keyless entry and ignition. Top down cruising. The body style.

Suggested Improvements

Color code the door handles and rear brake light spoiler. Improve the sound of the exhaust. These are aftermarket items that the majority of the owners change.

C-6 Vette Z-51 Convertable
By ricatthebeach

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought mine fully loaded. I don't think there was an option I didn't get. So the base price of $45,900 is misleading as mine cost $67,043 out the door. Everything works great except the power top which is a first year option for the Corvette. I have had a number of problems with its operation. If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with the manual convertible top and saved a couple of grand. Performace is fantastic. Styling is fabulous. When I drive it, heads turn. Now I know what a beautiful woman goes through when she walks down the street in a tight dress. A lot of sports car for the money. $67,00 doesn't sound like a bargain, but it really is!

Favorite Features

Heads up display and navigation are great. Keyless operation takes some getting used to but is very cool. But the best feature on this car is that 400 hp motor and its handling ability. This car is a performer!

Suggested Improvements

Make the car so the fob transmitter must be in the car for the motor to continue working. If a valet to brought the car to you, got out of the car while running and forget to give you the fob transmitter, you could drive your car home, shut off the engine and not be able to start it again.

Awesome Car
By xavier seidl

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 C6 is one awesome machine. The acceleration and handling is superior to prior models. I know this because I have owned a 1986, 1993, 1999, 2001, and now a 2005 convertible with a 6 speed. I love it. Chevrolet really has engineered a great car.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, power top, heated seats, home link system, and of course the 400 horse power engine

Suggested Improvements

None