Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Fun, fast, fairly cheap
By Brett

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this for the wife and it's a great everyday driver. She gets better gas mileage than her SUV. It turns heads wherever you go and hauls the mail. I'm a pretty good driver, and I could never push this car to its limit. It's definitely not the most practical car a guy could buy, but it's a great third car. Although I like the semi-exclusivity of the car, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a high performance convertible.

Power top. Great performance. Great looks. Good MPG. Will retain its value well. Neat personalization features.

I like my high-perf cars to be loud. You can hear my D-max coming from a mile away, but this is way too quite. I'll probably end up spending an extra grand just so I can actually hear and feel those 400 horses. Navs cool, but too expensive for what you get.

By far the best sports car for the money
By Larry Johnson

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2005 C6 with 2000 miles on it. This is the 4th Vette I have owned. The new C6 dominates the other cars in every category. This car feels like you are a part of it and never disappoints me in any way. It's a great head turner and by far my favorite Vette.

Engine Power and torque. Radio, Bose speakers

Dress up the interior a little more with some higher quality parts.

Best Corvette Ever
By Jeff Adams

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was trying to choose between the Porsche 911, the Boxster S or the C6 Corvette. They are all great cars, but I just fell in love with that from dead stop to fast performance. The car handles great with the Z51 option.

Satellite Radio, steering wheel

2005 Corvette Convertible
By Ray

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have about 4500 miles and the only thing I can find wrong is the way the top fits to the body. Have air noise at about 65 miles an hour. Not really a big deal when you have a car like this. Great car.

Best Vette ever
By ron mcArthur

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Added nav system, power top, and z51 suspension. Total combo provides best handling with comfort of luxury car with the best bang for the buck in the power and styling catagory. Have had many Vettes of the past, and from the 2000 c-4 body to this is the most improved of any in its history

Engine has all the power and torque one would want. The power top finishes off the car and puts it into the luxury catagory. The Nav system and z 51 suspension package complete the total sports car performance with the day to day driving of a crusier.

Would have done rectangle headlights rather than round as the car has sharp rectanglar features - not round - still lights work great and provide best vision of any prior Vette