2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Corvette Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Everything I expected and more
By Dr. Richie

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Hard to get. But once you get the car it's great! Fit and finish are excellent. It has good gas economy. I get 20 to 24 in the burbs. My car has every available option, although I can do without XM radio. I just wish the wind wasn't so loud when driving. The paint job is excellent, better than the past Vettes. Shifting could be more presice on the 6 speed. The headlights are fantastic! This car is too quiet. It needs a deeper, throaty sound.

Favorite Features

Automatic top looks neat when in operation up or down. Navigation - COOL! Headlights and the style make this car look exotic. I cannot believe the gas mileage is so good - it's like driving a Toyota! Interior looks like an expensive sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better sound - too quiet. Exterior colors are boring. Shifter needs refinement. Some controls are confusing (radio and navigation). needs a heads up display to show what gear you are in (the skip-shift feature can confuse you as to what gear you are in).

Awesome
By Deborah

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned and I have owned 14 different Corvettes. Bravo to Chevrolet by continuing to strive for excellence! This car is gorgeous inside and out.

Favorite Features

Automatic top and push button ignition

Suggested Improvements

Go back to covered headlights

C6 Convertible in Pittsburgh
By nysteeler

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power and handling. Take a curve at 60mph off the freeway and it is like you are standing still. When the top is up (not often) I am amazed at how quiet the interior is. The power top is a must. Radio/CD is good , not great. Overall very happy. Not my daily ride. The trunk is small but fits a full set of golf clubs.

Favorite Features

Power top, keyless start and entry

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system needs to be upgraded. Polished wheels need more shine

'05 Vette
By shaltom

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Vette. Glad to have waited for the C-6. More fun to drive than to look at! This car is rock solid. If you have need for speed you will appreciate the performance of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The introduction of the Navigation system and the X\M Radio makes the interior complete.

Suggested Improvements

I would rather see real wood interior trim rather than the current treatment.

Awesome C6
By Jerry Drisaldi

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a Corvette fan for years. I bought my first convertible in 2002. The C5 was a great car, but with issues. GM has done a fantastic job cleaning up the issues: fit and finish, interior design and quality, technology are all vastly improved. I was concerned about the decision to shortten the car by 5 inches and narrow it by 1 inche, but it was the right decision. Car car "feels" beeter now as a result. The exeterior design was also vastly improved: the car looks great. I think it's the best value for a performance sports car, literally, in the world.

Favorite Features

New body style, improved fit and finish, interior design and quality are right on target, and, of course, the automatic top.

Suggested Improvements

Two items: the 6 speed manual still feels a little crunchy, although not as much as the C5 and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the vent fan, so, you always have air blowing on you - like it or not.

Incredible
By R. D'Antuono

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had (and currently have) Porsche, Benz, 80's Corvettes, many moons ago, Austin Healey, Marcos (do you know what that is?)and others. This automobile is staggering. Civilized and "beastly" at the same time! It is amazing how much attention I get (maybe it's the Millenium Yellow...). All of a sudden everybody on the road is polite! They want to let me go by so they can see the car! My C6 has everything except Z-51 (does have mag. select). A very, very tight automobile. If you haven't been in one, try it... You hear a "great car for the money". No, A GREAT CAR PERIOD!

Favorite Features

Nice power top with good size glass panel. Of course, the brute power. A very comfy ride, not uncomfortabl at all.

Suggested Improvements

Can we please have a trunk lid that doesn't need to be "slammed" to close?

Awesome
By Gary Van Gundy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the fourth Corvette I have owned (1961-1990-1999) -the C6 is by far the best one.

Favorite Features

Heads up display; navigation; performance rear end; Command center; no more flip up headlights.

Suggested Improvements

None, love it the way it is!

Best Vette yet?
By Alan Cushing

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great styling. Like the pop up headlights better than the the fixed coming on the new model. A blast to drive and a real head turner! Never had to go back to dealership for any after delivery issues. Most sportscar for the money, bar none.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, particularly with the 6 speed manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Interior still looks and feels a little cheap compared to European offferings.

Corvette - America's car
By dan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love the Corvette convertible. Its design is so simple and effective, and the fact its a convertible makes it even more visually appealing. Having put a new sound system in, it completes the car, making it an ultimate luxury to drive in. A truly wonderful car.

Favorite Features

I love the leather seats, my newly integrated satellite navigation system, and I think that the fact that its a convertible makes it even better.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel consumption is quite bad

Rating the Vette
By Raymond

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I believe the rating I gave this Vette in the top of the survey pretty much told you how I feel about this car. Simply put it is one of the best Vettes yet, but I will have to admit there is a place in my heart for the 1957 Corvette convertible. Don't get me wrong I realize the 57 didn't handle or perform like the 05 but it was a little jewel.

Favorite Features

Styling, choice of colors, the handling is outstanding, brakes are excellent, and most of all performance.

Suggested Improvements

None noted unless you can squeeze a little bit more gas mileage out of it