2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Everything I expected and more
By Dr. Richie on 06/10/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Hard to get. But once you get the car it's great! Fit and finish are excellent. It has good gas economy. I get 20 to 24 in the burbs. My car has every available option, although I can do without XM radio. I just wish the wind wasn't so loud when driving. The paint job is excellent, better than the past Vettes. Shifting could be more presice on the 6 speed. The headlights are fantastic! This car is too quiet. It needs a deeper, throaty sound.

Awesome
By Deborah on 06/10/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned and I have owned 14 different Corvettes. Bravo to Chevrolet by continuing to strive for excellence! This car is gorgeous inside and out.

C6 Convertible in Pittsburgh
By nysteeler on 06/10/05 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power and handling. Take a curve at 60mph off the freeway and it is like you are standing still. When the top is up (not often) I am amazed at how quiet the interior is. The power top is a must. Radio/CD is good , not great. Overall very happy. Not my daily ride. The trunk is small but fits a full set of golf clubs.

'05 Vette
By shaltom on 06/05/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Vette. Glad to have waited for the C-6. More fun to drive than to look at! This car is rock solid. If you have need for speed you will appreciate the performance of this vehicle.

Awesome C6
By Jerry Drisaldi on 04/30/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a Corvette fan for years. I bought my first convertible in 2002. The C5 was a great car, but with issues. GM has done a fantastic job cleaning up the issues: fit and finish, interior design and quality, technology are all vastly improved. I was concerned about the decision to shortten the car by 5 inches and narrow it by 1 inche, but it was the right decision. Car car "feels" beeter now as a result. The exeterior design was also vastly improved: the car looks great. I think it's the best value for a performance sports car, literally, in the world.

Incredible
By R. D'Antuono on 04/22/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had (and currently have) Porsche, Benz, 80's Corvettes, many moons ago, Austin Healey, Marcos (do you know what that is?)and others. This automobile is staggering. Civilized and "beastly" at the same time! It is amazing how much attention I get (maybe it's the Millenium Yellow...). All of a sudden everybody on the road is polite! They want to let me go by so they can see the car! My C6 has everything except Z-51 (does have mag. select). A very, very tight automobile. If you haven't been in one, try it... You hear a "great car for the money". No, A GREAT CAR PERIOD!

Awesome
By Gary Van Gundy on 03/03/05 18:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the fourth Corvette I have owned (1961-1990-1999) -the C6 is by far the best one.

Best Vette yet?
By Alan Cushing on 03/03/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great styling. Like the pop up headlights better than the the fixed coming on the new model. A blast to drive and a real head turner! Never had to go back to dealership for any after delivery issues. Most sportscar for the money, bar none.

Corvette - America's car
By dan on 01/13/05 08:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love the Corvette convertible. Its design is so simple and effective, and the fact its a convertible makes it even more visually appealing. Having put a new sound system in, it completes the car, making it an ultimate luxury to drive in. A truly wonderful car.

Rating the Vette
By Raymond on 12/04/04 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I believe the rating I gave this Vette in the top of the survey pretty much told you how I feel about this car. Simply put it is one of the best Vettes yet, but I will have to admit there is a place in my heart for the 1957 Corvette convertible. Don't get me wrong I realize the 57 didn't handle or perform like the 05 but it was a little jewel.