2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
Sunset Bomb
By titianqueen on 10/14/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only complaint is that a lot of heat enters thru the tinted roof, and had to have a custom top make for it, instead of paying $1900.00 for an additional color coded hard top.

Corvette Forever
By Sfore on 10/14/05 02:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had bought 1976 Vette when I had graduated from college and had the car until kids came along. Now the kids are out of college and a 2005 Vette is back in my life. This car is fantastic. The performance and handling is phenominal. I took it to Pocono Raceway for a track day and this car blew me away. I will always have a Vette in my garage

49 year wait
By Marty on 10/11/05 21:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted one since I was 6 years old. This car is truly amazing. Never thought I could get enjoyment just looking at a car. Magnetic red finish is stunning. Tramp on the gas and magic happens. As amazing as the engine is, the handling is unbelievable. The Z-51 package is a worthy investment.

Scond Vtte
By pacecar590 on 09/25/05 20:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 99 vVtte with 95 K miles. I never had a problem with my old Vtte and thought it was the best car I ever had, until I took home the '05. What a wonderful car. I feel it is actually me of a leap from the C5 to C6, vs. C4 to C5. A terrific car. Much refined on all around drivability

Just got my 2005
By GH on 09/13/05 21:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had mine for 1 1/2 months now. Nothing can describe it. It's awesome, no wonder this car has been a legend for 52 years. It's half the price of any car that can compete with it. I think Chevy priced it way too low for what you get for what you pay.

The Best
By Bay Area Guy on 09/09/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 7 Porsches, 5 Mercedes, 4 Lexus', and Infiniti FX45 and 2 Corvettes. The first being a C5 and now a new C6. By far, this car exceeds every vehicle that I have had the fortune to own and drive. It just does everything right and after 3,000 miles makes me feel like the first day I drove it off the lot. Chevrolet has made and amazing car at an even better price.

The Whip
By Blue Devil on 09/08/05 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Snap, crackle, pop. That's how you feel when driving this new vette with awesome power and performance. Better still, it's an everyday driver that gets between 17 and 18 MPG. People talk to you every where you go and say how they all wanted a Vette at some time in their life. This is a car that you don't need to drive fast to command respect, just the fact that you're driving it will do that. This car has it all, luxury and performance. Just keep in mind, the lower the price of gas, the faster it goes.

New car
By pacecar590 on 09/06/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 1999 Corvette coupe for the 2005. I loved the '99, but the '05 is a giant leap forward. Great build quality, easier drivability. A well done upgrade to a beautiful car.

Finally
By Brutal on 08/17/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Have wanted a Vette since I was little. Now that I could afford one, etc. everyone thinks I'm going thru the mid-life crisis thing. Oh well I was not disappointed in this car. I have owned this car since 11/04 and everyday (no kidding) I look forward to getting in this car to drive it. It is so nice to barely touch the gas and have so much power. I love this car.

Built For A Man, But Made For A Woman
By VICTORY RED! on 08/17/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had not driven a Vette in over 15 years until I recently got in the driver's seat of the 2005. Needless to say all the reasons I never bought one, aside from being too young, are GONE! The difficult clutch, the stiff shifter, the hard steering, are all gone. Chevy has really come full circle to make this car so easy to drive and opened up the market to women sports car enthusiasts like me. Thankfully I am still young enough to truly enjoy this car. Happy birthday to me from my awesome husband!