Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Chevy Did It Again
By Jason

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything, the best bang for the buck. From the moment you hit that button ignition and the pipes roar up its a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and its very hard to lose control when punching out the twisties. Remove the standard Targa top and enjoy a cruise down the beach as everyone gawks and you hear the voices of little kids say, "Mommy I want THAT car when I grow up".

Favorite Features

Push button start, 400 HP/TQ, Bose sound system, Get Z51 Package with bigger sways, brakes, and stiffer suspension, Heads up display.

Love it.
By Corky

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Fine handling, power/performance is great, the headsup display works well in all conditions, electronic options (6 CD player, duel AC, instrument cluster) all are as advertised.

Favorite Features

Enjoy headsup display & six speed. Very nice performance and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the 2-4 economy shift feature. I can decide if I want to go 2- 4.

C6 the best Vette ever!
By Voodooman

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and by far the best Corvette ever. I've had the third generation and fifth generation Corvettes and all I can say is that they did it right this time with the sixth generation Vette. From the styling and handling to the sound and navigational system all is American Classic Corvette. I had second thoughts about the fixed headlights but it is the thing that impresses me the most. Absolutely gorgeous, absolutely practical, absolutely American!

Favorite Features

Speed, handling and braking power!

Suggested Improvements

I am absolutely crazy about this vehicle and the only complaint that I have is the engine heat emitting to the driver and passenger compartments. Bearable but not necessary.

Best Vette I've ever owned
By Lonna

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd, I had a 93, 04 and now this 05. The comfort in this car has been greatly improved, not to mention horse power and overall handling. The new exhaust system have a perfect, deep sound to it, and I appreciate the fact they went back to having the 6sp manual as standard.

Favorite Features

6sp, exhaust, nav system.

The best one yet.
By the dean

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is now 18 months old and the performance is better than ever. I drive long distances and the car is wonderfully comfortable. I can drive 800 miles a day and still feel relaxed at the end of the day. This is my 4th Corvette and it is clearly the best one ever. For the price, it has no equal.

Favorite Features

Performance in handling, acceleration, and braking. The car is also comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose system is terrible. It simply is not high fidelity, and the radio lacks the ability to pick up distant stations and discriminate between stations. Leather is beginning to show wear after 18000 miles and a year and a half(so did my C4 & C6).