2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )
Fun, fast, fairly cheap
By Brett on 10/28/05 09:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this for the wife and it's a great everyday driver. She gets better gas mileage than her SUV. It turns heads wherever you go and hauls the mail. I'm a pretty good driver, and I could never push this car to its limit. It's definitely not the most practical car a guy could buy, but it's a great third car. Although I like the semi-exclusivity of the car, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a high performance convertible.

By far the best sports car for the money
By Larry Johnson on 08/21/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2005 C6 with 2000 miles on it. This is the 4th Vette I have owned. The new C6 dominates the other cars in every category. This car feels like you are a part of it and never disappoints me in any way. It's a great head turner and by far my favorite Vette.

Best Corvette Ever
By Jeff Adams on 08/08/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was trying to choose between the Porsche 911, the Boxster S or the C6 Corvette. They are all great cars, but I just fell in love with that from dead stop to fast performance. The car handles great with the Z51 option.

2005 Corvette Convertible
By Ray on 08/04/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have about 4500 miles and the only thing I can find wrong is the way the top fits to the body. Have air noise at about 65 miles an hour. Not really a big deal when you have a car like this. Great car.

Best Vette ever
By ron mcArthur on 07/29/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Added nav system, power top, and z51 suspension. Total combo provides best handling with comfort of luxury car with the best bang for the buck in the power and styling catagory. Have had many Vettes of the past, and from the 2000 c-4 body to this is the most improved of any in its history

Over The Hill
By lenme50 on 07/20/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am over the hill but just had to have this car. It's a 6 speed and I can lope along fat and happy, but the power is there when you want it. Just downshift and you are dust. Too old to peel rubber, but I manage to move in traffic and still get a respectable 20 MPG in the city.

6 speed convertible rocks
By Top Down on 07/04/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The performance and ride quality of this car is impressive. More interior refinement would be nice. With the top down this car is hard to beat. Docile and easy to relax in, but ready to pounce with a push of the pedal. The Z51 option does not make the ride too harsh, but this is a sports car, not a limo. Only complaint is break squeal, a common problem with the Z51 cross drilled rotors. Can't be beat for the money - and resale will be high.

My Girl Hanna
By Lynene Lindstrom on 06/29/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We bought the car at Woodard Chevrolet and flew to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Museum Delivery. After touring the museum and assembly plant we picked up the Vette. It was a wonderful experience. We drove the car back to California and had a great trip. The car is a dream. It handles great, and is all I had hoped for. We are showing it in all Corvette Car shows and it is taking 1st place in all of them. It is my daily driver and I love it. The performance and cornering ability is awesome.

C-6 Vette Z-51 Convertable
By ricatthebeach on 06/19/05 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought mine fully loaded. I don't think there was an option I didn't get. So the base price of $45,900 is misleading as mine cost $67,043 out the door. Everything works great except the power top which is a first year option for the Corvette. I have had a number of problems with its operation. If I had it to do over, I think I would have gone with the manual convertible top and saved a couple of grand. Performace is fantastic. Styling is fabulous. When I drive it, heads turn. Now I know what a beautiful woman goes through when she walks down the street in a tight dress. A lot of sports car for the money. $67,00 doesn't sound like a bargain, but it really is!

Awesome Car
By xavier seidl on 06/10/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The 2005 C6 is one awesome machine. The acceleration and handling is superior to prior models. I know this because I have owned a 1986, 1993, 1999, 2001, and now a 2005 convertible with a 6 speed. I love it. Chevrolet really has engineered a great car.