Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51, 6 sp
By Bill B

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took me 40 years to finally buy the Corvette I promised myself in college. It is actually better than I expected. It is a joy to drive, on both winding back roads and interstates. I've driven it from Maine to Tennessee with nothing but great experiences. From a performance standpoint, it is the fastest thing I've ever driven, and it will be at least another 12,000 miles before I'm really able to use all 400 hp comfortably. The convertible top is perfect. Tight and quiet when up, and easy to put down. At 120 with the top up you can talk and hear the radio. And it insulates very well. No problems with air conditioning in the summer (and my top is black)

Engine, chassis, suspension (amazing mix of performance and comfort), convertible top, color (discontinued Magnetic Red)

Improve the shifter and trans again by the same amount as from the last model (C5). It is still notchy and easy to miss the 2-3 shift Put the tachometer on the right side of the dash so when you shift with your right hand you can see it.

Super Value
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine another car that provides so much fun and excitement for the price. We've driven our C6 on two long trips and arrived feeling much better than we would have in our Chrysler 300 (and it's a pretty comfy car). I love the performance and drivability and my wife loves the style and comfort. It's quite an improvement from our C3 which has been "demoted" to show and parade duty only.

Heads up display, XM radio, styling, and performance.

Radio controls on steering wheel

Love this car!
By Melissa

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a '94 Vette before this and the C6 completely blows all previous versions away. Took a little longer to get due to problems with convertible top, but well worth the wait! Great for a quick drive or a long trip. The trunk makes light traveling a breeze. Lots of room. beautiful design, GM really outdid themselves. Corners really well. The car lets you know when anything is wrong, from low air to needing oil changed. For especially tall men, may pose a problem getting in and out, seat seems lower then previous versions. Great highway mileage (400-480 miles per tank), in town its average (@350 miles per tank) Love the auto top. Manual top in last car was a real pain to use. An amazing car! I love it!

The keyless starter, the trunk, the automatic top , heated automatic seats, the HUD, maintence notification, the body...everything!

Could have better cup holder- not much interior space for cups, keys, phone.

A real toy
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellant sports car for the money. It turns lots of heads when we go out cruising. A real sharp body and performance package. This is our 4th Vette since we bought our first one in 1999. Would highly recommend this beauty to anyone wanting a great looking high performance sports car

The handling and performance along with the look

Offer more colors on the interiors

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

There are alot of loud cars out there. Even half cars(motorcycles)Most of them sound very helpless and tired. I kinda like the idea to go from stop faster than any other car without seemingly any effort (very quietly) only with slight tire squeal(as needed).

Again - trunk lid. I'd think the same bright and shiny finish around inside door buttons would look great instead of that silvery trim around the console and the dashboard. Or may be something that feels and looks like it.