Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Super Value
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine another car that provides so much fun and excitement for the price. We've driven our C6 on two long trips and arrived feeling much better than we would have in our Chrysler 300 (and it's a pretty comfy car). I love the performance and drivability and my wife loves the style and comfort. It's quite an improvement from our C3 which has been "demoted" to show and parade duty only.

Heads up display, XM radio, styling, and performance.

Radio controls on steering wheel

Love this car!
By Melissa

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a '94 Vette before this and the C6 completely blows all previous versions away. Took a little longer to get due to problems with convertible top, but well worth the wait! Great for a quick drive or a long trip. The trunk makes light traveling a breeze. Lots of room. beautiful design, GM really outdid themselves. Corners really well. The car lets you know when anything is wrong, from low air to needing oil changed. For especially tall men, may pose a problem getting in and out, seat seems lower then previous versions. Great highway mileage (400-480 miles per tank), in town its average (@350 miles per tank) Love the auto top. Manual top in last car was a real pain to use. An amazing car! I love it!

The keyless starter, the trunk, the automatic top , heated automatic seats, the HUD, maintence notification, the body...everything!

Could have better cup holder- not much interior space for cups, keys, phone.

A real toy
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellant sports car for the money. It turns lots of heads when we go out cruising. A real sharp body and performance package. This is our 4th Vette since we bought our first one in 1999. Would highly recommend this beauty to anyone wanting a great looking high performance sports car

The handling and performance along with the look

Offer more colors on the interiors

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

There are alot of loud cars out there. Even half cars(motorcycles)Most of them sound very helpless and tired. I kinda like the idea to go from stop faster than any other car without seemingly any effort (very quietly) only with slight tire squeal(as needed).

Again - trunk lid. I'd think the same bright and shiny finish around inside door buttons would look great instead of that silvery trim around the console and the dashboard. Or may be something that feels and looks like it.

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the convenience of the push button convertible top. The push button start is much easier than fumbling in your pocket for keys. Best feature of all is the awesome power you feel when you really put your foot in it and hear that sound from the mufflers.

Maybe a little more room in the trunk,but hey, my golf clubs and shoes fit fine. I'll take this baby just like it is!