Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (171 reviews )

My first Vette
By mark

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a year and half. Fun to drive. Gets a lot of positive feedback and turns heads a lot! My wife dosen't like to ride in it but that's OK. There are plenty of other people who do!

Heads up display, XM satellite

I have the Bose sound system. The left speaker buzzes sometimes. Dealer hasn't been able to replicate so nothing has been done. Manual rear hatch button doesn't work.

'05 C6 Corvette
By gbw1972

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this 2005 millenium yellow Corvette for 2 years now with very few complaints. The XM satelite radio is the biggest disappointment with lower quality sound than regular FM radio. As for the drive, the occasional bump in the road will jolt the steering wheel a bit, enough to make me anxious if my speed is excessive. 400hp really is more than enough. The exhaust sound is less than adequate but is easily fixed with an after-market replacement. My MPG is over 20. The acceleration is incredible. As far as sports cars go, there isn't a smarter buy around, anywhere.

I love the HUD (heads up display). I thought it would be annoying at first, but really wish my other car had it.

Bluetooth would be nice. Better stereo. Illuminated door sills. Backup camera.

Make me say wow!
By thaisch

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I’ve been waiting to get a real sports car for as long as I can remember. I wanted a classic but the money for what you get was too high for me. So I took an '05 with 20k miles for a test drive. 5 miles later I was hooked. I now have a "new" black '05 C6 with 700 miles. This car is so much fun to drive. The power is endless, and the brakes are equally impressive. It has magnetic ride control that gives a firm but civilized ride in touring mode, and a very firm tight ride in sport mode. The best of both worlds. I never get tired of looking at this car and from the looks I get neither does everyone else. Very happy to have a "real" Americian sports car. My wife even likes to drive it!

Heads up display. Magnetic ride. Navigation. Exterior style. Clear glass top.

Really surprised the Bose stereo sounds so cheap.

Best of All Previously Owned Corvette's
By archamrh

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best of all the Corvette's I've ever owned. Not that I've owned many, just 4, but this C6 is so awesome. Just sitting in it feels so good, and to drive it is a feeling that is indescribable. You feel as if you're part of the road, and going up through the 6 speed transmission gives you that feeling of all that awsesome, raw power this really has! Before this, I had a slightly modified Y2K Vette that turned heads no matter where I was, even if parked! I've had more people come to me in a parking lot just to ask questions about this gorgeous vehicle! I love everything about this. The fit and finish is so refined from previous years, and the comfort is awesome.

Everything from the keyless entry/start, to the tightness of all the body parts!

I would still like more HP, not that it's needed, I would want more, even if I purchased a ZO6 w/505 HP!

Love it, but have some faults
By Lee Jameson

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Vette. It gets great fuel mileage, but cranks too. I did have issues and had to go to Better Business Bureau to resolve. Sound system/clock faults. heads up display distorted ,back glass distorted. Putting that aside, this car is a gas, and I will never sell or trade it. None of the faults ,by BBB findings could be corrected, but I'll never give her up!

Fuel mileage, power, handling and style. I get comments all the time !!

Back glass distortion. Radio doesn't come on for 20/30 secs. after car running. Constantly loses time on clock (entire radio replaced w/ no change) Heads up display distorted unless you view it at just the correct angle. No fix on any glass problems, but they did try..