2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
Great car with annoying problems
By Paul Scarpelli on 02/03/06 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My C6 is a refinement of my C5, and the Z51 package provides better brakes, shorter gear ratios, and a tight suspension. I replaced the Lexus- sounding exhaust with a Corsa Sport system, and now it sounds like a Corvette. The bad news is little irritating problems, like a plethora of interior rattles, and a chronic roof panel rattle. Fixed under recall, it still makes noise. The worst problem is known as "dead battery syndrome" due to the need to shut off the car in reverse, or it stays in accessory and it kills your battery. This ruined a weekend for me. The F1 Supercar Run Flats are very good for run flats, and I can accept the low 220 wear rating in trade for great handling.

Performance deal of a lifetime
By bosstoolman on 01/19/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I used to be a hot rodder back in the late 60's early 70's and thought those days would never return. How wrong I was. The American push-rod V8 is back big time only better. That's an understatement. This car has everything a preformance minded regular guy could hope for. The power & torque is incredible. The sound is old school. The handling is definitely state of the art. Driving this car is something I look forward to every day. I was suprised at the comfort level sitting in this car. I got the Z51 handling option & highly reccomend it. This car is glued to the road. It is the best Corvette yet. The ride is suprisingly comfortable for this type of vehicle. I can't wait for spring!!

5000 miles
By corvette Jim on 01/16/06 00:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned a Jag, Mercedes, Nissan & Lexus. The '05 Vette has by far the best sports car peformance & style. The C6 really is a beautiful machine inside and out.

This Car Turns Heads
By RAYMOND KIMBLE on 01/14/06 17:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Since I purchased my Corvette coupe in August 2005 I have experince nothing but pure joy whenever I drive it. I get compliments on a regular basis. This car is not only powerful but its also extremely fun to drive. Believe it or not, I've even been asked by policeman how fast it goes. I always give them the politically correct response of "55 miles per hour". I would recommend this car to anyone!

My first 4000 miles
By corvette Jim on 12/22/05 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drove a 2005 Corvette with no intention of buying one. The speed & headlights sold me. It is a very comfortable road car. I took a 2000k mi. trip up hwy 1 to Oregon. I averaged 25.6mpg on Hwy and 20.5 in town on unleaded reg.fuel. I put a Borla touring exhaust on the car as the factory exhaust is too quiet. I am happy with the Borla touring exhaust and X pipe. $1625. The doors are very big and you need plenty of room to get out w/o hitting the car parked next to you. The SB2 package is real nice with the two 6 way adjust. seats, HID, Boze stero & telescoping sterring wheel.It is superior in performance,styling & comfort to the Nissan 350z,Porsche Boxster & the 911 The 911 Turbo is a contender.

Still Lovin' My C-6
By L on 12/15/05 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had lusted for this car ever since I was a kid and now it's mine. Somebody pinch me! My honey got me this for X- mas last year and it still makes me smile on a daily (at minimum!) basis. And he likes it even more than he ever thought he would. The boys (big and small) love it, but so do the girls! Many thumbs up and "nice car!" comments and at the same time envious stares from the other "moms" that are driving mini-vans and SUVs. If I'm gonna burn the gas, I'll be in a 'Vette! Timing was everything; I'm so glad I waited for the C-6. When asked about my car - and I'm asked ALL the time- I say with a smile "still liking it!" Love, love, love!!!!

C6 with Z51
By Scott on 11/25/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love the exterior styling and after a year the car still gets loads of positive comments at the gas station etc. I have done four track schools in the car and have been generally disappointed with the performance. The automatic transmission will shift at inopportune times and even with the traction control set in the "Performance" mode the car feels rather unbalanced when going through a off camber down hill which causes the tranny to hunt for a gear. The Z51 suspension along with the run flat tires gives a very harsh freeway ride which becomes punishing after about two hours on the road. The transmission puts out loads of heat and the center console can toast your right leg.

Impresive. Period.
By Gary on 11/22/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car has completely floored me. I love this car to death. I have owned alot of vehicles and I have never fallen in love with a car untill this one. Although I have made a few minor adjustments, this is by far the king of the consumer road. There isn't another car under $100,000.00 that can touch it. Also, for being a 6.0L V8 monster, the MPG is unusually good. Buy one today (just not in Le Mans blue like mine :D)!

Disappointed in C6
By Thomas on 10/27/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The build quality of this car is still not up to par. many interior noises and an incredibly noisy roof. Body panels have inconsistant gaps. Needing to leave the car in reverse so battery doesn't go dead is annoying. So disappointed I sold the car after only 8000 miles.

C5 to C6
By john c on 10/27/05 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 1999 Chev c5 vett and now own the new 2005 C6. This new Vette is an amazing vehicle and is packed with great features and technology. I have been impressed with the changes made in the new car and they include better performance, ride, handling and it is much quiter than the c5 model. I also opted for the 6-speed manual and it really makes this car fun to drive. The new Corvette attracts a lot of attention and I often find people hovering aroung the vehicle whether it is at a car show or the gas station. I have owned a lot of sports cars and you will not find another one out there that provides the level of performance and amenities for the money. Up next for me, the 2006 Z06