2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Love it, but have some faults
By Lee Jameson on 07/31/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Vette. It gets great fuel mileage, but cranks too. I did have issues and had to go to Better Business Bureau to resolve. Sound system/clock faults. heads up display distorted ,back glass distorted. Putting that aside, this car is a gas, and I will never sell or trade it. None of the faults ,by BBB findings could be corrected, but I'll never give her up!

My '05 Vette
By aztommyg on 07/27/06 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Vette and finally in March 2005 I bought one! It is everything you can ask for in a true sports car. The power is awesome, handling is great. The exterior design speaks for itself. I shopped around and dollar for dollar, this is by far the best car on the road.

Chevy Did It Again
By Jason on 07/14/06 04:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything, the best bang for the buck. From the moment you hit that button ignition and the pipes roar up its a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and its very hard to lose control when punching out the twisties. Remove the standard Targa top and enjoy a cruise down the beach as everyone gawks and you hear the voices of little kids say, "Mommy I want THAT car when I grow up".

Fun in the Sun
By Dr. J. D. Chandler on 07/06/06 04:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This ragtop is a daily driver. Also, we have been on road trips from Dallas, Texas to San Diego, CA (3000 miles roundtrip) plus another trip from Dallas, TX to Las Vegas, NV (2500 miles roundtrip). Our experience with this car is outstanding. There is nothing to complain about. The car performs as advertised, is comfortable, road worthy and fuel economical (27 Highway) (20 city). All this with 400 horses under the hood with all the performance that this implies. There is no wind noise with this ragtop at highway speeds plus. We have only good things to say about this car

2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51, 6 sp
By Bill B on 06/01/06 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took me 40 years to finally buy the Corvette I promised myself in college. It is actually better than I expected. It is a joy to drive, on both winding back roads and interstates. I've driven it from Maine to Tennessee with nothing but great experiences. From a performance standpoint, it is the fastest thing I've ever driven, and it will be at least another 12,000 miles before I'm really able to use all 400 hp comfortably. The convertible top is perfect. Tight and quiet when up, and easy to put down. At 120 with the top up you can talk and hear the radio. And it insulates very well. No problems with air conditioning in the summer (and my top is black)

Love it.
By Corky on 05/20/06 07:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Fine handling, power/performance is great, the headsup display works well in all conditions, electronic options (6 CD player, duel AC, instrument cluster) all are as advertised.

Super Value
By Pete on 05/09/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine another car that provides so much fun and excitement for the price. We've driven our C6 on two long trips and arrived feeling much better than we would have in our Chrysler 300 (and it's a pretty comfy car). I love the performance and drivability and my wife loves the style and comfort. It's quite an improvement from our C3 which has been "demoted" to show and parade duty only.

C6 the best Vette ever!
By Voodooman on 04/13/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and by far the best Corvette ever. I've had the third generation and fifth generation Corvettes and all I can say is that they did it right this time with the sixth generation Vette. From the styling and handling to the sound and navigational system all is American Classic Corvette. I had second thoughts about the fixed headlights but it is the thing that impresses me the most. Absolutely gorgeous, absolutely practical, absolutely American!

Best Vette I've ever owned
By Lonna on 03/24/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd, I had a 93, 04 and now this 05. The comfort in this car has been greatly improved, not to mention horse power and overall handling. The new exhaust system have a perfect, deep sound to it, and I appreciate the fact they went back to having the 6sp manual as standard.

Love this car!
By Melissa on 03/10/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a '94 Vette before this and the C6 completely blows all previous versions away. Took a little longer to get due to problems with convertible top, but well worth the wait! Great for a quick drive or a long trip. The trunk makes light traveling a breeze. Lots of room. beautiful design, GM really outdid themselves. Corners really well. The car lets you know when anything is wrong, from low air to needing oil changed. For especially tall men, may pose a problem getting in and out, seat seems lower then previous versions. Great highway mileage (400-480 miles per tank), in town its average (@350 miles per tank) Love the auto top. Manual top in last car was a real pain to use. An amazing car! I love it!