2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: 2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51, 6 sp
By Bill B on

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took me 40 years to finally buy the Corvette I promised myself in college. It is actually better than I expected. It is a joy to drive, on both winding back roads and interstates. I've driven it from Maine to Tennessee with nothing but great experiences. From a performance standpoint, it is the fastest thing I've ever driven, and it will be at least another 12,000 miles before I'm really able to use all 400 hp comfortably. The convertible top is perfect. Tight and quiet when up, and easy to put down. At 120 with the top up you can talk and hear the radio. And it insulates very well. No problems with air conditioning in the summer (and my top is black)

Favorite Features

Engine, chassis, suspension (amazing mix of performance and comfort), convertible top, color (discontinued Magnetic Red)

Suggested Improvements

Improve the shifter and trans again by the same amount as from the last model (C5). It is still notchy and easy to miss the 2-3 shift Put the tachometer on the right side of the dash so when you shift with your right hand you can see it.