2005 Chevrolet C6 Corvette
By Eric Melson on
2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
I purchased a 2005 Corvette on November 2, 2004. As of January 15, 2005 I have put 6,000 Miles on the car. I have had no mechanical problems, no rattles or squeaks! However the carpet in the rear hatch stowage area is going to be replaced from the dealer. The carpet does not quite fit, which causes difficulty in opening the rear hidden storage lids. I also have some very minor wind noise on the passenger side window near the removable top. My experience with the car has been outstanding with the exception of what I have written above. The car is a real attention getter. Everywhere I drive people are pointing and looking. At almost every gas stop people approach me.
Favorite Features
I love the navigation and the heads up display. The magnetic selective ride control makes the car drive like an all out balanced and agile sports car but has the supple ride of a luxury car. I also enjoy the heated seats on these cold winter mornings and nights. Finally, the keyless entry and ignition.
Suggested Improvements
The rear hatch lid could be improved by the way it sounds when opening / closing. It seems a bit harsh when pushing the hatch release button as it POPS OPEN. Closing seems a bit harsh as well. The car has too much fender well gap between the tires and fender well. Car should be lower to correct.