2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: 2005 C6 Corvette

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

2005 C6 Corvette
By Mert Cheney on

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a very decent driving sports car. It is my third Corvette with my last being a 2001 Coupe. This is a much quieter ride. The six speed seems a little stiff at times and not much improvement over the 2001. The power is excellent and the seats are more comfortable. The brakes and suspension with the sport package is outstanding. Fuel mileage is slightly less than my old car but I only have 650 miles on it so far.

The heads up display is very good with selectable info. The quietness and tightness of this car is outstanding. The exhaust note sghould have a little more tone. XM radio is a nice touch but Bose system lacking in sound.

The keyless entry and start needs to be modified so that you actually have a key in ignition. The Bose sound system is not even up to the sound and quality of my Silvarado. The polished aluminum wheels are not up to the quality of the polished wheels on my 2001. Need to redesign the front plate.