2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )
Super Value
By Pete on 05/09/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine another car that provides so much fun and excitement for the price. We've driven our C6 on two long trips and arrived feeling much better than we would have in our Chrysler 300 (and it's a pretty comfy car). I love the performance and drivability and my wife loves the style and comfort. It's quite an improvement from our C3 which has been "demoted" to show and parade duty only.

Love this car!
By Melissa on 03/10/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a '94 Vette before this and the C6 completely blows all previous versions away. Took a little longer to get due to problems with convertible top, but well worth the wait! Great for a quick drive or a long trip. The trunk makes light traveling a breeze. Lots of room. beautiful design, GM really outdid themselves. Corners really well. The car lets you know when anything is wrong, from low air to needing oil changed. For especially tall men, may pose a problem getting in and out, seat seems lower then previous versions. Great highway mileage (400-480 miles per tank), in town its average (@350 miles per tank) Love the auto top. Manual top in last car was a real pain to use. An amazing car! I love it!

A real toy
By Chris on 02/24/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellant sports car for the money. It turns lots of heads when we go out cruising. A real sharp body and performance package. This is our 4th Vette since we bought our first one in 1999. Would highly recommend this beauty to anyone wanting a great looking high performance sports car

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN on 01/25/06 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens on 01/14/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

It's OK
By mike on 01/06/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W on 12/25/05 06:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

Fast and the Finesse
By RAP1111 on 12/21/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power, which is to be expected from this car, but also great ride and comfort features. The handling makes you feel extremely confident as it feel like it is being force down to the road even as it is getting close to it's 186 MPH top speed and always seems to have lots power available at any speed. I am so glad I have had the abilty to take it out on the autobahn.

More fun than the bat mobile.........
By Duane Eilers on 12/06/05 15:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most exciting vehicle I have ever purchased and driven and it is with great pride that I highly recommend the new C6....... you literally will wonder why anyone would require more than 400 HP with that new L2 V8. You will love it!

2005 corvette
By victor hardy on 11/11/05 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned other Corvettes and this is the best all around one. It has lots of power and rides great for a sports car very fun to drive around town or on the hwy.