2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Corvette Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Super Value
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine another car that provides so much fun and excitement for the price. We've driven our C6 on two long trips and arrived feeling much better than we would have in our Chrysler 300 (and it's a pretty comfy car). I love the performance and drivability and my wife loves the style and comfort. It's quite an improvement from our C3 which has been "demoted" to show and parade duty only.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, XM radio, styling, and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls on steering wheel

Love this car!
By Melissa

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a '94 Vette before this and the C6 completely blows all previous versions away. Took a little longer to get due to problems with convertible top, but well worth the wait! Great for a quick drive or a long trip. The trunk makes light traveling a breeze. Lots of room. beautiful design, GM really outdid themselves. Corners really well. The car lets you know when anything is wrong, from low air to needing oil changed. For especially tall men, may pose a problem getting in and out, seat seems lower then previous versions. Great highway mileage (400-480 miles per tank), in town its average (@350 miles per tank) Love the auto top. Manual top in last car was a real pain to use. An amazing car! I love it!

Favorite Features

The keyless starter, the trunk, the automatic top , heated automatic seats, the HUD, maintence notification, the body...everything!

Suggested Improvements

Could have better cup holder- not much interior space for cups, keys, phone.

A real toy
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellant sports car for the money. It turns lots of heads when we go out cruising. A real sharp body and performance package. This is our 4th Vette since we bought our first one in 1999. Would highly recommend this beauty to anyone wanting a great looking high performance sports car

Favorite Features

The handling and performance along with the look

Suggested Improvements

Offer more colors on the interiors

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

Favorite Features

There are alot of loud cars out there. Even half cars(motorcycles)Most of them sound very helpless and tired. I kinda like the idea to go from stop faster than any other car without seemingly any effort (very quietly) only with slight tire squeal(as needed).

Suggested Improvements

Again - trunk lid. I'd think the same bright and shiny finish around inside door buttons would look great instead of that silvery trim around the console and the dashboard. Or may be something that feels and looks like it.

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

Favorite Features

I love the convenience of the push button convertible top. The push button start is much easier than fumbling in your pocket for keys. Best feature of all is the awesome power you feel when you really put your foot in it and hear that sound from the mufflers.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more room in the trunk,but hey, my golf clubs and shoes fit fine. I'll take this baby just like it is!

It's OK
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.

Favorite Features

None, really. I'll stick with HDs for the open air.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out a way to get in and out of the car without contorting the body.

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

Favorite Features

That nice little growl from 400 horses...Manual transmission smooth and easy, The G-Meter on Heads Up Display,Tight ride with the Z51 perf. upgrade

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding...is perfection.

Fast and the Finesse
By RAP1111

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power, which is to be expected from this car, but also great ride and comfort features. The handling makes you feel extremely confident as it feel like it is being force down to the road even as it is getting close to it's 186 MPH top speed and always seems to have lots power available at any speed. I am so glad I have had the abilty to take it out on the autobahn.

Favorite Features

NAV system, heads up display, Engine Power, Convertible top with power option.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player and bluetooth hookups and digital intigrated phone and speaker phone for the bluetooth. Availabilty of a removable hardtop for the convertible option or hardtop convertible.

More fun than the bat mobile.........
By Duane Eilers

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most exciting vehicle I have ever purchased and driven and it is with great pride that I highly recommend the new C6....... you literally will wonder why anyone would require more than 400 HP with that new L2 V8. You will love it!

2005 corvette
By victor hardy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned other Corvettes and this is the best all around one. It has lots of power and rides great for a sports car very fun to drive around town or on the hwy.

Favorite Features

6.0 liter 400 hp. stereo no key memory for each driver

Suggested Improvements

Paint the spoiler body color