2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
Make me say wow!
By thaisch on 10/10/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Iíve been waiting to get a real sports car for as long as I can remember. I wanted a classic but the money for what you get was too high for me. So I took an '05 with 20k miles for a test drive. 5 miles later I was hooked. I now have a "new" black '05 C6 with 700 miles. This car is so much fun to drive. The power is endless, and the brakes are equally impressive. It has magnetic ride control that gives a firm but civilized ride in touring mode, and a very firm tight ride in sport mode. The best of both worlds. I never get tired of looking at this car and from the looks I get neither does everyone else. Very happy to have a "real" Americian sports car. My wife even likes to drive it!

Best of All Previously Owned Corvette's
By archamrh on 09/24/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best of all the Corvette's I've ever owned. Not that I've owned many, just 4, but this C6 is so awesome. Just sitting in it feels so good, and to drive it is a feeling that is indescribable. You feel as if you're part of the road, and going up through the 6 speed transmission gives you that feeling of all that awsesome, raw power this really has! Before this, I had a slightly modified Y2K Vette that turned heads no matter where I was, even if parked! I've had more people come to me in a parking lot just to ask questions about this gorgeous vehicle! I love everything about this. The fit and finish is so refined from previous years, and the comfort is awesome.

Love it, but have some faults
By Lee Jameson on 07/31/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Vette. It gets great fuel mileage, but cranks too. I did have issues and had to go to Better Business Bureau to resolve. Sound system/clock faults. heads up display distorted ,back glass distorted. Putting that aside, this car is a gas, and I will never sell or trade it. None of the faults ,by BBB findings could be corrected, but I'll never give her up!

My '05 Vette
By aztommyg on 07/27/06 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Vette and finally in March 2005 I bought one! It is everything you can ask for in a true sports car. The power is awesome, handling is great. The exterior design speaks for itself. I shopped around and dollar for dollar, this is by far the best car on the road.

Chevy Did It Again
By Jason on 07/14/06 04:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything, the best bang for the buck. From the moment you hit that button ignition and the pipes roar up its a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and its very hard to lose control when punching out the twisties. Remove the standard Targa top and enjoy a cruise down the beach as everyone gawks and you hear the voices of little kids say, "Mommy I want THAT car when I grow up".

Love it.
By Corky on 05/20/06 07:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Fine handling, power/performance is great, the headsup display works well in all conditions, electronic options (6 CD player, duel AC, instrument cluster) all are as advertised.

C6 the best Vette ever!
By Voodooman on 04/13/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and by far the best Corvette ever. I've had the third generation and fifth generation Corvettes and all I can say is that they did it right this time with the sixth generation Vette. From the styling and handling to the sound and navigational system all is American Classic Corvette. I had second thoughts about the fixed headlights but it is the thing that impresses me the most. Absolutely gorgeous, absolutely practical, absolutely American!

Best Vette I've ever owned
By Lonna on 03/24/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd, I had a 93, 04 and now this 05. The comfort in this car has been greatly improved, not to mention horse power and overall handling. The new exhaust system have a perfect, deep sound to it, and I appreciate the fact they went back to having the 6sp manual as standard.

The best one yet.
By the dean on 02/25/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is now 18 months old and the performance is better than ever. I drive long distances and the car is wonderfully comfortable. I can drive 800 miles a day and still feel relaxed at the end of the day. This is my 4th Corvette and it is clearly the best one ever. For the price, it has no equal.

Fantastic fun
By Doug Constantine on 02/12/06 03:02 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just driving to the store is fun. King of the road. Car is bi-polar. Put the pedal to the metal and everybody around ducks. It is so much fun. And... after 15 months it has not been back to the dealer for repairs.