Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Sunset Bomb
By titianqueen

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only complaint is that a lot of heat enters thru the tinted roof, and had to have a custom top make for it, instead of paying $1900.00 for an additional color coded hard top.

Favorite Features

The engine growl

Suggested Improvements

Suggest an option available to place in the tinted top

Chevy Did It Again
By Jason

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything, the best bang for the buck. From the moment you hit that button ignition and the pipes roar up its a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and its very hard to lose control when punching out the twisties. Remove the standard Targa top and enjoy a cruise down the beach as everyone gawks and you hear the voices of little kids say, "Mommy I want THAT car when I grow up".

Favorite Features

Push button start, 400 HP/TQ, Bose sound system, Get Z51 Package with bigger sways, brakes, and stiffer suspension, Heads up display.

Go ahead, buy one!
By CA C6 Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

One of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. Blindingly fast, comfortable to drive every day and immediately recognizable. It drives like a commuter (overall 22 mpg - from 400 HP???) and performs like an exotic. Mine is silver (exterior) and black leather (interior). Loaded with all the goodies (you've got to get the Z51 handling pkg & the Bose stereo). Have had it for about 6 months/5K miles and it has been extremely reliable. I did purchase a GM/Vette extended warranty, just in case (got a great deal on it too). I have the automatic (5spd) and the only thing I would have done differently would have been to get the 6 spd. manual.

Favorite Features

Z51 handling pkg, Bose stereo, heads- up display, multiple targa tops, Navi, XM options, heated seats, climate control and push button start/passive key lock features.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. However, be advised that w/no spare tire (space), you must purchase RunFlat tires for this vehicle. And since only 2 manufacturers make them (GoodYear and Firestone), the tires are very pricey (about $250-$400 per tire).

Do it now.....
By CAC6Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you've been waiting to buy one of these, do it now. The new C7 version will probably be smaller (maybe even a V6?), probably have less HP and will be a completely different vehicle. This car is a screamer. It will literally "snap" your head back with its' acceleration. Roadabilitly is sharp, handling is precise and once you get on the fwy. mileage is more than acceptable (22mpg). The runflat GY tires make the ride a little stiff but you can replace those. All the other option packages are nice. Maintenance is a bit more cumbersome and expensive (needs synthetic oil and a special filter) but manageable. This car can be used as an every-day driver.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo (upgrade) is awesome. Z51 suspension is nice. 2-top option isn't necessary (if you can just use the see- through fiberglass top). And last but not least, 400HP is truly breathtaking.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better tires (there are much better runflats than GY). The present Firestone and Michelin offerings are much better choices. Repairs can be expensive (with all the on-board computer hardware - so you might invest in a GMPP = ext. wty?).

Smuuuuve
By SMUUUUVE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Been desiring to own this car since my teen years. Was suppose to be my 50th B'day present, I could not wait another 2 years. I have owned many cars/sport cars, this car is the cream of the crop. I find reasons to drive it. Much fun to drive! I knew that I wanted to own this car, but I did not want to purchase it brand new. This '05 C6 is a very fine car, very happy with my decision. I think my wife enjoys being on the passenger side just as much as I enjoy driving. Its been well worth the wait.

Favorite Features

Are you kidding- the neck snapping, seat plastering 400 horses, every man's dream!

Suggested Improvements

some minor improvements on the interior.