2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
THE ULTIMATE " VIPER EATER"
By Brett on 12/18/04 12:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

NOTHING under 100k even comes close! europe beware!

Allways a comment
By Jerry on 12/18/04 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

No matter where you drive it you can be assured that someone will comment on this car."They got it right time"-Its so cute"--Its awesome man"--"I hear it's really fast" and many more. THE THING IS THEY ARE RIGHT! It is all of the above and a whole lot more. Sticks to the pavement like glue and goes like stink.Filled with electronic stuff I will probably never use but fun to mess around with.Easy (well not as easy as my Yukon) to get into.And to sum it all up---I am having a ball with this car!

C6 is a blast
By H101 on 12/15/04 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great machine. Noise level, handling and ride are very civilized for everyday driving, but it can turn into a thrilling drive at the touch of the gas pedal.

My second Vette
By Joe in Arizona on 12/13/04 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 Vette on the 2005. Best car move I ever made. This beast is just flat out fun to drive. It's quick, quiet and handles like a dream.

Wow - this car is great
By robert on 12/11/04 13:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I decided to test drive the Vette, I was going to buy a Audi. The ride and the ergonomics were much better than expected. The car is simply beautiful outside and very nice inside, though not plush. For a not so small person, there is plenty of seat and leg and head room. The dash is set up simply but nice and the performance is great. It rides like a very good daily driver which is what I am using it for.

Love my Vette
By Rod Fortner on 12/04/04 14:08 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the most awesome car I have ever owned. It gives a whole new meaning to the word driving. Everyday is a new driving expierence. The coating on the outside makes it easy to give it a just waxed look. I'm glad I didn't wait on the 2006 model. I have looked at them side by side and I like mine better. The new ones look too much like a Viper. Part of what makes a Vette unique is the hidden headlights. I have a hearing disability but I love the sound of the pipes going through the gears. I have a seven year old daughter who loves to get into "Our racecar". People at stop lights roll down their windows to give me thumbs up. Women notice me more for sure. I just love my Vette!

2005 C6 Corvette
By mark fisher on 12/04/04 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Exceptional value, phenomenal performance that's easily used, vast improvements in interior and exterior quality, much more refined, a true world class car. Best car built in America.

So Fun
By scrotti on 11/27/04 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

When you hop into a C6 Vette it will be hard to get out. You won't want to. When driving, its a thrill. Handles great, more quiet than its predecessors, and performance wise its great. Its a head turning, jaw dropping, smile freezing,chick magnet of a car. Push button start is cool. Headlights turn on automatically, clearer HUD,in addition to sattelite radio and Onstar, it's just too fun to drive.

Best Drive in 2005
By John Taylor on 11/15/04 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I’ve had the vette for a 720 mile week. It’s awesome. Visibility is better than my Acura RL and Lincoln Mk VIII. 26.5 MPG on a trip. Expect mileage to climb to 28-30 following break-in. XM radio and Nav are top of the line. Keyless push button start takes getting used to but is a great feature. Build quality/fit & finish is superior,on par with any import. Performs and handles like a true sports car with out the usual drawbacks. Seats are outstanding. Interior ergonomics score an “A+”. Even with the perf. suspension (Z-51) it rides comfortably. I coud not imagine a better car. Weigh the performance, drivability, & cost, the 2005 Corvette is a hands-down winner in every category.

C 6
By FMark on 11/13/04 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

400 HP-FAST! I have 3200 miles on the car used 2 quarts of oil. Is that normal?