Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (171 reviews )

vrooom
By vrooom

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Well worth the two month wait. Did not expect the head turning reactions. I've alwys been a European car driver, but love this car and it holds its own against them. A very fun car to drive.

Heads up display, OnStar, navigation system, keyless entry, XM radio

Disappointed with radio reception - better with XM but local stations not as good as prior cars. A few rattles until the car was broken in.

Best Car I Have Owned!
By Erick

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car now for almost 4 months and 4,500 miles, and I can't stop driving it. My Lexus is collecting dust. If you're looking for a fast, sporty car, this is the one for you!

I love my Nav system. Couldn't be better!

Hmm...Don't know. It's almost perfect. Maybe some more horsepower!!

Corvette
By Dallas Trinkle

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great mileage for a car of its power and performance. Braking, acceleration and steering are very good.

XM radio, navigational system, ride package, heated seats and keyless ignition.

Ride package on the touring could be softer for long trips. Silver plastic cover around gear shift looks cheap.

The car that I dreamed of in 1965
By Lance

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not easy to please, and this car is not perfect, but I love it! I owned my 1st Vette in 2000, another in 2001, and yet another in 2004. All were great cars that never needed repairs. This 2005 rides and drives much better. The Z-51 pkg seems to have fixed the issue that I had with the other 3 dragging the ground at any bump. They had no clearance. It's still low, but drags much less. I've had a service issue. The steering vibrates when turning the wheel at rest. Even backing out of the garage causes an annoying sound and the vibration. The dealer tells me that this is a inherent problem that they, as yet, have no fix to correct.G M needs to address this. But, I love my Vette

Power, power, & more power. GPS, Heads-up display. Better ground clearance, XMradio. Looks great and...did I mention power?

GM , as yet. does not have a fix for that annoying vibration at very low speeds in the steering. They've issued a service alert, but it's still cannot be fixed. They need to enable the CD player behind the GPS door to play MP3's.

What a performace machine!!!
By Jose D.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car's drivability is great!! Fuel economy could be a misperception (it's a performance car). The run flat tires are acceptable. I have 10k on them and they still ride fine. Overall, the quality of the car has improved drastically over the previous model.

Perfomance, ergonomics, and daily driver quality

Fuel cap holder