Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )

Corvette
By Dallas Trinkle

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great mileage for a car of its power and performance. Braking, acceleration and steering are very good.

Favorite Features

XM radio, navigational system, ride package, heated seats and keyless ignition.

Suggested Improvements

Ride package on the touring could be softer for long trips. Silver plastic cover around gear shift looks cheap.

The car that I dreamed of in 1965
By Lance

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not easy to please, and this car is not perfect, but I love it! I owned my 1st Vette in 2000, another in 2001, and yet another in 2004. All were great cars that never needed repairs. This 2005 rides and drives much better. The Z-51 pkg seems to have fixed the issue that I had with the other 3 dragging the ground at any bump. They had no clearance. It's still low, but drags much less. I've had a service issue. The steering vibrates when turning the wheel at rest. Even backing out of the garage causes an annoying sound and the vibration. The dealer tells me that this is a inherent problem that they, as yet, have no fix to correct.G M needs to address this. But, I love my Vette

Favorite Features

Power, power, & more power. GPS, Heads-up display. Better ground clearance, XMradio. Looks great and...did I mention power?

Suggested Improvements

GM , as yet. does not have a fix for that annoying vibration at very low speeds in the steering. They've issued a service alert, but it's still cannot be fixed. They need to enable the CD player behind the GPS door to play MP3's.

What a performace machine!!!
By Jose D.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car's drivability is great!! Fuel economy could be a misperception (it's a performance car). The run flat tires are acceptable. I have 10k on them and they still ride fine. Overall, the quality of the car has improved drastically over the previous model.

Favorite Features

Perfomance, ergonomics, and daily driver quality

Suggested Improvements

Fuel cap holder

Fun in the sun
By tim kanavy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is such an improvement over previous years that there is really no comparison. Every aspect has been redesigned and the total package exceeded my expectations. There is superior power, but it is completly under control with the supension and brakes being excellent. My only negative comment is that the seats could be more comfortable. They're fine for a couple hours, but leave something to be desired on long distance trips.The Z-51 package just glues the car to the road and gives the feel of a much heavier vehicle.The Corvette is unbeatable for the price.They got this one right. It's the best Vette yet!

Favorite Features

The engine is very responsive throughout it's entire range and the supension and brakes are excellent. The Z-51 package is worth the money.

Suggested Improvements

The seating could be improved, and there is some excessive wind noise with the hard top removed.

Bet's Corvette
By Bill

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We have only had this vehicle for a period of 3 mos. It now has 2500 miles on it, and has been the most exciting car to drive. Very comfortable with awsome power.

Favorite Features

I really like the space behind the seats for groceries etc. Also like the fact that the top stores very nicely here and does not have to be left at home.

Suggested Improvements

Rear and side rear vision not too good. Either more window space, or larger rear view mirrors would help.