2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Keeper
By hjallie on 05/11/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This vehicle has replaced a 1975 Corvette, which I owned for ten years. Comparison, therefore, is obviously tilted toward a much more modern vehicle. Nevertheless my observations to date have all been positive with a few exceptions. Performance in the new Corvette is exceptional. Ride stability, cornering, cruising or city driving all a plus. The car is quiet, a result of the channeled windows. No heat generated from the drive train either, transmission is in the rear. Temperature control and air condition (filtered) are miles above the old vetteĀ’s crank-down windows for air circulation. Entrance is enhanced by automatic seat and steering wheel pull-back, although it is still a

The best
By C.C. on 05/07/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Remember when you rode in a Vette, It felt like were sitting on the asphalt? Not any more. We have taken our Vette on short road trips and the comfort is spectacular. The new suspenion really does the trick. My hat is off to Chevy.I f you're thinking about getting one, don't miss out! Love the coupe so much, I've got my convertible ordered. Have to wait 4 months, but it will be worth the wait.

American Ferrari
By vmrchitect on 05/04/05 08:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Slick, Super design and wonderful to drive. A must have!

Dream car - tempered by reliability
By Bob on 05/01/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Buying a new 2005 Corvette was a long awaited "dream" event for me. My initial excitement at owning and driving a car that not only looks great and drives great has been severely tempered by the fact that the car has suffered repeated reliability problems (mostly on the same issue) that have left the car in the shop for over 30 days in the first 1700 miles of ownership. Hopefully this will be resolved and I can actually start to enjoy my new vehicle for the reasons that I bought it for: looks and driving excitement!

Awesome Machine
By WilliamJ. Tewksbury on 04/30/05 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Also own 2000 C5 and 2003 C5 as well as the C6. The C6 is by far superior to the C5 in performance as well as design. It is a total delight to drive and deserves the many stares it garners. Once one gets used to the keyless concept the car is even more of a delight. Navigation system easily understood after the first few "tries".

Awesome C6
By Jerry Drisaldi on 04/30/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a Corvette fan for years. I bought my first convertible in 2002. The C5 was a great car, but with issues. GM has done a fantastic job cleaning up the issues: fit and finish, interior design and quality, technology are all vastly improved. I was concerned about the decision to shortten the car by 5 inches and narrow it by 1 inche, but it was the right decision. Car car "feels" beeter now as a result. The exeterior design was also vastly improved: the car looks great. I think it's the best value for a performance sports car, literally, in the world.

C-5 can't be topped.
By John Castrenze on 04/30/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The C-5 ZO6 is the best of the best for all around performance and certainly for the price. I have owned 26 Vettes since 1965, 4 presently and the "04 Z is tops. I have driven and critiqued the C-6 and have significant dislikes of it because it is now being produced with a NEW Corvette audience in mind, but has failed to keep the true Corvette enthusiast of the past 50 years as the focal point for what a Corvette means to them. Adding gingerbread does not make for a better vehicle and I predict that sales of the C-6 versus that of the C-5 will tell the accurate story. The Corvette is a "sports car" folks, not a luxury ride.

A Dream Come True
By Talal A. on 04/25/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I waited 15 years to buy a corvette. I think it was fate so i could wait for this amazing brand new C6 Corvette. This is the best car out on the streets. I almost slept in the car on the first day out. I just couldn't stay away. Thank you GM. this is a car for the ages. Don't touch this car. David Hill and Co. did a great job. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Smokin'
By loveman on 04/24/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been in my dreams for the longest time and now it is my reality. Regardless of price it is worth every penny. I fell in love with the Vettes since I was a kid, and now I think I will never grow up.

Best sports car for the money
By glen alexander on 04/24/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car will have you on the road at 3:00 in the morning. It calls to you from the driveway. This car handles like it's on rails!! The 0 to 60 times are nothing short of wicked. The car is sexy and turns heads so fast it causes whiplash!!.