2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )
My 2nd Love
By CraigE on 02/14/05 02:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Vette. My first was a 2001 C5 convertible. Over all this is a spectacular car. I cannot believe the response and the handling. The lines on the car are outrageous. Imagine a Ferrari and a Lamborgini mated to make a new car that resembles a Vette. The creature comforts are many including a built in cell phone for the OnStar option.

I'm Impressed1
By Big Daddy on 02/14/05 00:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 2001 MB 500SL and decided to try the Corvette. I am glad I made the change! I believe Chevrolet really put a winner together! It is a sexy looking and powerful machine.

First time Corvette owner
By pkw on 02/14/05 00:13 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

i sprung for the Z-51 package that includes larger tires and a more suspension goodies. Although the suspension is most impressive, the active handling system is very protective. If you are a novice, it will protect you from driving beyond your limits. That said, I have not had it on the track to see what happens when I turn off the AHS. Spinning the tires with the AHS and traction control on is very difficult. If you turn off the traction control and AHS, you can light em up all day long.

Simply Awesome
By Ungksta@aol.com on 02/05/05 21:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible handling, better fuel economy than my 99 Trans-Am that had 80 less horses! Exterior design is a personal choice, but when I look at it, I can't see anything that doesn't flow perfectly. The "controversial" lights light up the road so well, that when my low beam was out (delivered that way) I didn't notice until someone pointed it out to me. (GM fixed it immediately...no problem since.) This is my first Vette, my dream car, and it seems like a dream still. The improvements from the C5 might seem minor to some, but to me it has jumped quite a bit, especially in class. You can tell Chevy did a ton of homework on every intricate detail. Run-flat tires work incredibly well...flat :-)

BEST SPORTS CAR you can get for $55K!!!
By LPC on 01/27/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the C6 for 3 months now and I love the car! I did consider other cars like the BMW & Mercedes, but the Vette is just way much better looking. The C6 is the fastest car I've driven and its fairly comfortable even with the Z51. I expected my ride to be stiffer with the Z51, but it's actually great. I did wish that the top wouldn't rattle when I exit a high driveway or a bump. To be fair, the interior materials are nice, but I think they could still improve it more. Make those plastics and the leather feel more like a 55K car. I don't see anything wrong with it's height, considering that it is a sports car after all. The brakes, power, handling & speed are just stunning!

2005 Corvette
By corvette on 01/26/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We own a 2003 50th Anniversary convertible which is a fantastic car, but our new 2005 Corvette is better in every way. We absolutely love it. I am thinking about trading our 2003 convertible on a 2005 convertible.

2005 C6 Corvette
By Mert Cheney on 01/24/05 12:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a very decent driving sports car. It is my third Corvette with my last being a 2001 Coupe. This is a much quieter ride. The six speed seems a little stiff at times and not much improvement over the 2001. The power is excellent and the seats are more comfortable. The brakes and suspension with the sport package is outstanding. Fuel mileage is slightly less than my old car but I only have 650 miles on it so far.

Get a C6
By C6 Owner on 01/23/05 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been looking at buying my first sports car for several years and finally settled on the C6. It was a great decision. It performs as well as a Porsche at a significantly lower price. Chevrolet upgraded the interior and the exterior styling is superb. I get a tremendous number of compliments on the car and my friends who've driven it love it too. The technology is overwhelming at first when figuring out how to "personalize" the seat settings, keyless entry preferences, DVD navigation and satellite radio. There is an audio CD that comes with it that is very helpful and I recommend using it to get started.

From an ex-Porsche owner
By Clay Thomasson on 01/23/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette was a 1960 fuel injected red on red with stainless side body insert. Boy I wish I had it now. I then had a 1969. It was just so so. I have had Porsche 911s for the past ten years and have just taken delivery of my new 2005 Corvette hardtop. I cannot believe how this car has been improved. I believe they fixed everything that caused me to not purchase one since 1969. It is as hot as a firecracker and loads of fun to drive. The craftsmanship quality of the car is up 100%.

Yet another one
By usmamg on 01/23/05 11:14 AM (PST)

Another home run by GM