Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

More fun than the bat mobile.........
By Duane Eilers

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most exciting vehicle I have ever purchased and driven and it is with great pride that I highly recommend the new C6....... you literally will wonder why anyone would require more than 400 HP with that new L2 V8. You will love it!

C6 with Z51
By Scott

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love the exterior styling and after a year the car still gets loads of positive comments at the gas station etc. I have done four track schools in the car and have been generally disappointed with the performance. The automatic transmission will shift at inopportune times and even with the traction control set in the "Performance" mode the car feels rather unbalanced when going through a off camber down hill which causes the tranny to hunt for a gear. The Z51 suspension along with the run flat tires gives a very harsh freeway ride which becomes punishing after about two hours on the road. The transmission puts out loads of heat and the center console can toast your right leg.

The 400 HP engine is great. Chevy should put this engine in a 1500 pickup and they would have a Ford Lightning or Dodge SRT10 fighter.

Increase heat protection from transmission. Seats need slots in the seat back as on past Vette's so 4 or 5 point harnesses can be installed. Make standard tires with a small inflation kit an option for better handling and ride.

Impresive. Period.
By Gary

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car has completely floored me. I love this car to death. I have owned alot of vehicles and I have never fallen in love with a car untill this one. Although I have made a few minor adjustments, this is by far the king of the consumer road. There isn't another car under $100,000.00 that can touch it. Also, for being a 6.0L V8 monster, the MPG is unusually good. Buy one today (just not in Le Mans blue like mine :D)!

Interior. Wheels. Removable roof (coupe). HUD. Z51 Tranny. Magnetic ride control.

Ram Air/ Cool air induction. Spoiler. 4" stock exhaust.

2005 corvette
By victor hardy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned other Corvettes and this is the best all around one. It has lots of power and rides great for a sports car very fun to drive around town or on the hwy.

6.0 liter 400 hp. stereo no key memory for each driver

Paint the spoiler body color

Fun, fast, fairly cheap
By Brett

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this for the wife and it's a great everyday driver. She gets better gas mileage than her SUV. It turns heads wherever you go and hauls the mail. I'm a pretty good driver, and I could never push this car to its limit. It's definitely not the most practical car a guy could buy, but it's a great third car. Although I like the semi-exclusivity of the car, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a high performance convertible.

Power top. Great performance. Great looks. Good MPG. Will retain its value well. Neat personalization features.

I like my high-perf cars to be loud. You can hear my D-max coming from a mile away, but this is way too quite. I'll probably end up spending an extra grand just so I can actually hear and feel those 400 horses. Navs cool, but too expensive for what you get.