2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Wind noise
By jsten on 06/09/05 03:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette and I love it. Everyone turns and looks when you go by (magnetic red rocks) and gives you the thumbs up. I love the car but only get to use it on the weekends. My only complaint is the wind noise when the roof panel is off and everything in back blows all over. You can hardly hear the radio unless you crank it up. I'm looking forward to my first road trip to the mountains in 2 months.

New model blues
By Hank on 06/09/05 00:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Though I enjoy driving this car, it has its problems. There is the dead battery gremlin, almost every owner I have spoken to, or read in a Corvette forum site has complained about this. There is the turn signal/running lite burn out with less the 5000 miles on the car. There are messages from the DIC (driver Information Center) that make the car spend the night at the dealers so the proper reset codes can be gotten from GM. There are mechanical problems with that are more severe that other owners have complained about. GM has repaired my cars problems at no cost to me. In retrospect, I should have waited a year for these bugs to be worked out.

One Sweet Ride
By Robert on 06/05/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is in a completely different league than anything you've probably driven. It looks like a supercar and that's exactly what it is at a fraction of the price. This is a pure-blooded sports car and not an imitation any- thing. It puts cars twice and even three times its price to shame. It's a rowdy American ride that you can actually drive and live with every day. Definitely a sweet ride that I highly recommend.

'05 Vette
By shaltom on 06/05/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Vette. Glad to have waited for the C-6. More fun to drive than to look at! This car is rock solid. If you have need for speed you will appreciate the performance of this vehicle.

Civilized performance
By Dave on 06/04/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is deceptively fast. You have to compare it to another performance car driving next to you to realize how quick she is. I was surprised how smooth the car is even with the Z51 performance package. This car goes, turns and stops like nothing else can. A heads up display that ties in to your navagation system... way cool. I love it.

Sports Car Heaven
By Roger on 05/30/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The new 2005 Corvette is an unbelievable sports car in terms of performance and beauty. After checking out its 2005 German nemesis, I found the Corvette to be more powerful, more advanced in both interior and exterior design, and more fun to drive. Maintenance is minimal. Make no mistake, the 2005 Corvette is a premium sports car. In addition, the Corvette is designed to provide ample seating room for both driver and passenger. Luggage room is great for cross-country trips. If you decide to buy one, be prepared to watch other people bend their necks and put up their thumbs as you pass-by. You will look for excuses to drive your new Corvette.

Corvette Rules
By William Anderson on 05/27/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Having driven a C5 Corvette for over seven years, I was anxious to see if my new C6 could expand the tremendous qualities of the C5. It does in every aspect. The acceleration and handling are a huge step up (especially with the Z51 package), it is explosive. The exterior design is a nice improvement, especially the front end, and the interior is very well done. My car is a Daytona Sunset Orange color, and draws thumbs-up from all ages everywhere I go. Truly a world class peformer with comfort and everyday driving capacities. When comparing the car to the Porsche, Viper, and even Ferrari, it is truly a steal at $54,000.

Corvette the Dream Machine
By Carol on 05/24/05 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The best Corvette yet....I previously owned a 1987 and was sad when I had to turn it in on my new 2005. The sadness soon disappeared when I set foot on that accelerator pedal and took to the road... a sports car with all the new electronic features along with the handling and performance which has always been Corvette's trademark. We are a team...heads turn when we drive along that road of dreams.

Best I have owned!
By John Wasserman on 05/19/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything; style, performance, reliability, and power. A word of caution, warn your passenger before you put the pedal to the metal!

First Vette and not the last
By Dbl Vet on 05/11/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Awe-inspiring baby!! First time Vette owner and I am impressed that there is finally an American made car that performs at or above its foreign counterparts in a category. It is a pure pleasure to drive. The combination power of the 400 bhp combined with 400 lbs/ft of torque is astounding. The looks and complements from the public keep on pouring in. Nice job GMC. Now take this success and apply it to your other lines to save America's auto industry.