Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (169 reviews )

Smuuuuve
By SMUUUUVE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Been desiring to own this car since my teen years. Was suppose to be my 50th B'day present, I could not wait another 2 years. I have owned many cars/sport cars, this car is the cream of the crop. I find reasons to drive it. Much fun to drive! I knew that I wanted to own this car, but I did not want to purchase it brand new. This '05 C6 is a very fine car, very happy with my decision. I think my wife enjoys being on the passenger side just as much as I enjoy driving. Its been well worth the wait.

Favorite Features

Are you kidding- the neck snapping, seat plastering 400 horses, every man's dream!

Suggested Improvements

some minor improvements on the interior.

No Door Handles
By Brooks

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this car is like no other experience in the world

Favorite Features

Heads up display and overall design of the car.

Suggested Improvements

A way to enter car other than the trunk if battery dies, doors do not open because there are no door handles. And sensor on the doors are operated by the battery. Hmm!

Do it now.....
By CAC6Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you've been waiting to buy one of these, do it now. The new C7 version will probably be smaller (maybe even a V6?), probably have less HP and will be a completely different vehicle. This car is a screamer. It will literally "snap" your head back with its' acceleration. Roadabilitly is sharp, handling is precise and once you get on the fwy. mileage is more than acceptable (22mpg). The runflat GY tires make the ride a little stiff but you can replace those. All the other option packages are nice. Maintenance is a bit more cumbersome and expensive (needs synthetic oil and a special filter) but manageable. This car can be used as an every-day driver.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo (upgrade) is awesome. Z51 suspension is nice. 2-top option isn't necessary (if you can just use the see- through fiberglass top). And last but not least, 400HP is truly breathtaking.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better tires (there are much better runflats than GY). The present Firestone and Michelin offerings are much better choices. Repairs can be expensive (with all the on-board computer hardware - so you might invest in a GMPP = ext. wty?).

After 4 years
By RHood123

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only drive my C6 1600miles/year;stored half the year, sometimes wonder why I have this car. Then I remember...it speaks to you. When you're behind the wheel; performance,visibility,tradition speak for themselves. Exterior classic design, interior: wish I had steering wheel controls, better carpet, less plastic. Have never had a problem with anything, but then again, at 1600 miles/yr. Terrific value for a truly classic sports car. Did any American male grow up not wanting to own a Corvette?

Favorite Features

Handling, economy, exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Interior improvements

New vette owner
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First off let me say I love this car!! I have waited patiently (for the most part) to own a Corvette. I test drove a c5 version a couple of years ago and quite frankly it turned me off Corvettes. I just started looking again and saw the '05 at a great price and couldn't resist. I test drove it and fell in love. To me this is what driving a corvette is all about! It has power, style, and comfort. I am a tall guy (6'4") so sports cars aren't exactly built with me in mind. I have take this on modest rides so far (2-3 hours) and I have no problems with comfort. To sum it all up, if you are thinking of buying a vette, buy the c6!

Favorite Features

Traction control, nav system, HUD, overall ride of vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Blue tooth capability, improve radio (I was a bit disappointed with the sound system)