2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )
Dream Car
By regularguynlr on 04/09/12 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my Vette 6 months ago, November 5th 2011. I have always wanted a Vette Convertible since I was a 6 year old boy and my brother gave me one as a toy! The car is a blast to drive, loads of power, will take a curve like she is on rails and makes me smile the whole time. The seats are not the best for comfort, the ride is a bit harsh over rough roads and the 6 speed manual takes some getting used too ( Still getting use to it!). But hey, did I say it's a Corvette? And, people always stop me and say, "Beautiful car!" Long distances are a bit of a challenge on the ole bum, but at least its a Corvette!

My Hot Ride-1st Vette and not the Last
By 1HOTRIDE on 08/24/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Lady driven and love it. This is a vehicle that I have always wanted, finally purchased new in 2006. Looked so good did not want to drive it and had it in my garage for 6 months before I took it out. Love the car, it is awesome to drive, definitely turns heads. This is what I call my Sunday Drive Cruising Car. I had this car now since 2006 new, and don't get it out much to drive, and took it out for 2nd time this summer and my convertible gave me problems, back cover did not close properly is off centre and now need to take in to get serviced. So bit disappointed on this issue. No other complaints.

More than you can imagine
By jerry on 08/11/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the only car on the planet that you can : drive all day, do a 12 second quarter mile, put on a road course and go 185 mph, gets 25 mpg city/country, top down then put on a tux and take your wife dancing, all in the same day in the same car. This is the greatest car ever built for the money and it is unlikely that it will ever be equaled again. If you don't love this car, you are not human.

Very nice car that depreciates slow
By sculldog on 04/13/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, particularly if used and not abused. No muss ..no fuss. Smooth, powerful, fun, supportive seats, excellent heating and A/C. Decent cupholders and nice stereo altough X/M radio doesnt play nearly loud enough at freeway speeds with top down.

I love this car too much
By c6vette on 10/15/07 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for 2.5 years. I still absolutely love the car but it's had its fair share of small problems. They're all minor but it's still annoying. I guess this is what I get for buying a first year model. Issues I've had: AC squeal, seat memory issue, power top latch issue, broken clutch spring for pedal. All the issues have been fixed and well, I still love the car. Engine and transmission are bulletproof.

Velocity
By CR on 10/07/07 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Change your life driving experience on the road. Style oohs on the street. Some defects, but overwhelming a winner.

Best of the Best
By bizmgr on 01/30/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am 62 years young and this is the 17th vette that I have owned, and is the best yet. You can spend a whole lot more for a sports car, but dollar for dollar, the Vette is by for the best value for true performance, looks and fun to drive car. I never get tired of driving it and not to mention that it makes me feel a lot younger than I am. I guess that is why I am on my 17th one. I refuse to grow up and act like some of my old friends. If you have never owned one, you owe it to yourself to enjoy life a little more.

I waited 33 Years
By Vetteman on 09/15/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Can I just say I love this car? I've always been a car connoisseur and have always wanted a Vette. The first year I couldn't get out of the car without looking back at it in astonishment about how good looking it is. The car rides amazingly smooth even with the Z- 51 suspension. The acceleration is amazingly fast and smooth. This car is refined beyond what most people would think. It's only downfall is that it's sold by Chevy dealers and they don't know how to treat Corvette owners.

Fun in the Sun
By Dr. J. D. Chandler on 07/06/06 04:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This ragtop is a daily driver. Also, we have been on road trips from Dallas, Texas to San Diego, CA (3000 miles roundtrip) plus another trip from Dallas, TX to Las Vegas, NV (2500 miles roundtrip). Our experience with this car is outstanding. There is nothing to complain about. The car performs as advertised, is comfortable, road worthy and fuel economical (27 Highway) (20 city). All this with 400 horses under the hood with all the performance that this implies. There is no wind noise with this ragtop at highway speeds plus. We have only good things to say about this car

2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51, 6 sp
By Bill B on 06/01/06 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took me 40 years to finally buy the Corvette I promised myself in college. It is actually better than I expected. It is a joy to drive, on both winding back roads and interstates. I've driven it from Maine to Tennessee with nothing but great experiences. From a performance standpoint, it is the fastest thing I've ever driven, and it will be at least another 12,000 miles before I'm really able to use all 400 hp comfortably. The convertible top is perfect. Tight and quiet when up, and easy to put down. At 120 with the top up you can talk and hear the radio. And it insulates very well. No problems with air conditioning in the summer (and my top is black)