Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (54 reviews )

Dream Car
By regularguynlr

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my Vette 6 months ago, November 5th 2011. I have always wanted a Vette Convertible since I was a 6 year old boy and my brother gave me one as a toy! The car is a blast to drive, loads of power, will take a curve like she is on rails and makes me smile the whole time. The seats are not the best for comfort, the ride is a bit harsh over rough roads and the 6 speed manual takes some getting used too ( Still getting use to it!). But hey, did I say it's a Corvette? And, people always stop me and say, "Beautiful car!" Long distances are a bit of a challenge on the ole bum, but at least its a Corvette!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, looks and gas mileage ( in the 30s on the highway!)

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort!

My Hot Ride-1st Vette and not the Last
By 1HOTRIDE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Lady driven and love it. This is a vehicle that I have always wanted, finally purchased new in 2006. Looked so good did not want to drive it and had it in my garage for 6 months before I took it out. Love the car, it is awesome to drive, definitely turns heads. This is what I call my Sunday Drive Cruising Car. I had this car now since 2006 new, and don't get it out much to drive, and took it out for 2nd time this summer and my convertible gave me problems, back cover did not close properly is off centre and now need to take in to get serviced. So bit disappointed on this issue. No other complaints.

Favorite Features

Love the HUD. Forget it is even there at times. Truly a jem in its own class. You have not owned a sports car UNTIL you have purchased a Vett.

Suggested Improvements

Louder stereo system, Sirrus Sat should come as standard.

More than you can imagine
By jerry

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the only car on the planet that you can : drive all day, do a 12 second quarter mile, put on a road course and go 185 mph, gets 25 mpg city/country, top down then put on a tux and take your wife dancing, all in the same day in the same car. This is the greatest car ever built for the money and it is unlikely that it will ever be equaled again. If you don't love this car, you are not human.

Favorite Features

400 hp stock bolt on mod friendly 0-60 in 4.2 0-100 in 10 seconds F55 ELECTRONIC SUSPENSION

Suggested Improvements

none What a ca

Very nice car that depreciates slow
By sculldog

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, particularly if used and not abused. No muss ..no fuss. Smooth, powerful, fun, supportive seats, excellent heating and A/C. Decent cupholders and nice stereo altough X/M radio doesnt play nearly loud enough at freeway speeds with top down.

Favorite Features

Beauty, power, head turning ability. Fun to drive and get stared at!

Suggested Improvements

Better shifter, smaller steering wheel, xm radio needs amplification

I love this car too much
By c6vette

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for 2.5 years. I still absolutely love the car but it's had its fair share of small problems. They're all minor but it's still annoying. I guess this is what I get for buying a first year model. Issues I've had: AC squeal, seat memory issue, power top latch issue, broken clutch spring for pedal. All the issues have been fixed and well, I still love the car. Engine and transmission are bulletproof.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, touchscreen Nav/radio, engine power, handling. Sophisticated sound, looks, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I like what they did in 2008 model. I wish I could have received the changes in my car. Oh well. The only other change I'd like is a stiffer body for the convertible. Mine isn't bad but it's not like it was when it was new but no creaks or noises.