2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Dream Car
By regularguynlr on 04/09/12 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my Vette 6 months ago, November 5th 2011. I have always wanted a Vette Convertible since I was a 6 year old boy and my brother gave me one as a toy! The car is a blast to drive, loads of power, will take a curve like she is on rails and makes me smile the whole time. The seats are not the best for comfort, the ride is a bit harsh over rough roads and the 6 speed manual takes some getting used too ( Still getting use to it!). But hey, did I say it's a Corvette? And, people always stop me and say, "Beautiful car!" Long distances are a bit of a challenge on the ole bum, but at least its a Corvette!

Smuuuuve
By SMUUUUVE on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Been desiring to own this car since my teen years. Was suppose to be my 50th B'day present, I could not wait another 2 years. I have owned many cars/sport cars, this car is the cream of the crop. I find reasons to drive it. Much fun to drive! I knew that I wanted to own this car, but I did not want to purchase it brand new. This '05 C6 is a very fine car, very happy with my decision. I think my wife enjoys being on the passenger side just as much as I enjoy driving. Its been well worth the wait.

No Door Handles
By Brooks on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this car is like no other experience in the world

Do it now.....
By CAC6Fan on 01/13/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you've been waiting to buy one of these, do it now. The new C7 version will probably be smaller (maybe even a V6?), probably have less HP and will be a completely different vehicle. This car is a screamer. It will literally "snap" your head back with its' acceleration. Roadabilitly is sharp, handling is precise and once you get on the fwy. mileage is more than acceptable (22mpg). The runflat GY tires make the ride a little stiff but you can replace those. All the other option packages are nice. Maintenance is a bit more cumbersome and expensive (needs synthetic oil and a special filter) but manageable. This car can be used as an every-day driver.

After 4 years
By RHood123 on 09/23/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only drive my C6 1600miles/year;stored half the year, sometimes wonder why I have this car. Then I remember...it speaks to you. When you're behind the wheel; performance,visibility,tradition speak for themselves. Exterior classic design, interior: wish I had steering wheel controls, better carpet, less plastic. Have never had a problem with anything, but then again, at 1600 miles/yr. Terrific value for a truly classic sports car. Did any American male grow up not wanting to own a Corvette?

My Hot Ride-1st Vette and not the Last
By 1HOTRIDE on 08/24/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Lady driven and love it. This is a vehicle that I have always wanted, finally purchased new in 2006. Looked so good did not want to drive it and had it in my garage for 6 months before I took it out. Love the car, it is awesome to drive, definitely turns heads. This is what I call my Sunday Drive Cruising Car. I had this car now since 2006 new, and don't get it out much to drive, and took it out for 2nd time this summer and my convertible gave me problems, back cover did not close properly is off centre and now need to take in to get serviced. So bit disappointed on this issue. No other complaints.

More than you can imagine
By jerry on 08/11/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the only car on the planet that you can : drive all day, do a 12 second quarter mile, put on a road course and go 185 mph, gets 25 mpg city/country, top down then put on a tux and take your wife dancing, all in the same day in the same car. This is the greatest car ever built for the money and it is unlikely that it will ever be equaled again. If you don't love this car, you are not human.

New vette owner
By mike on 07/12/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First off let me say I love this car!! I have waited patiently (for the most part) to own a Corvette. I test drove a c5 version a couple of years ago and quite frankly it turned me off Corvettes. I just started looking again and saw the '05 at a great price and couldn't resist. I test drove it and fell in love. To me this is what driving a corvette is all about! It has power, style, and comfort. I am a tall guy (6'4") so sports cars aren't exactly built with me in mind. I have take this on modest rides so far (2-3 hours) and I have no problems with comfort. To sum it all up, if you are thinking of buying a vette, buy the c6!

lots of problems,many repairs required
By mlh on 03/10/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that has needed so many repairs. Since purchased in Sept 05,it has been in for repair at least 12 times! Things like the roof almost blowing off.They tried to fix the problem but didn't. Then it was replaced with a new roof. Shorty after that,a recall for this problem was quietly announced. The list goes on:Door latch replaced;repair window so it would close tightly (twice);repair an reinstall door panel; headlight assembly replace;trunk latch replaced; alternator bearing had to be replaced;problem with front right wheel assembly;bad paint. No room left here to list other problems. With extended warranty,I have to pay $200 labor for each repair.

Very nice car that depreciates slow
By sculldog on 04/13/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, particularly if used and not abused. No muss ..no fuss. Smooth, powerful, fun, supportive seats, excellent heating and A/C. Decent cupholders and nice stereo altough X/M radio doesnt play nearly loud enough at freeway speeds with top down.