Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Almost super car!
By 12gabear

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought a 2005 Z51 model last year with low miles and love it. Upgraded interior from the C5. Some people complain about the seats, but fits my fat love handles good!! LOL Ok these cars are made to rip around a track, with different traction controls to learn. You'll really never push the limits of the LS2 on the street. It's insane fast!!It frightens me sometimes still, and I've owned lots of fast cars. The Handling is very smooth as a BMW but bumps are a little stiffer. What can you expect when Z51 has stiffer suspension for track. But it's not bad at all. The Z51's lower 1rst to 3rd gears is very noticeable. When the car puts your head to the seat without even trying! Awesome car Period!

The heads up display, Bose speakers

The heater vents inside pop out sometimes, and the 1rst-4rth shift feature. But it does save us on paying gas gussler tax!

Dream Car
By regularguynlr

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my Vette 6 months ago, November 5th 2011. I have always wanted a Vette Convertible since I was a 6 year old boy and my brother gave me one as a toy! The car is a blast to drive, loads of power, will take a curve like she is on rails and makes me smile the whole time. The seats are not the best for comfort, the ride is a bit harsh over rough roads and the 6 speed manual takes some getting used too ( Still getting use to it!). But hey, did I say it's a Corvette? And, people always stop me and say, "Beautiful car!" Long distances are a bit of a challenge on the ole bum, but at least its a Corvette!

Power, handling, looks and gas mileage ( in the 30s on the highway!)

Seat comfort!

Smuuuuve
By SMUUUUVE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Been desiring to own this car since my teen years. Was suppose to be my 50th B'day present, I could not wait another 2 years. I have owned many cars/sport cars, this car is the cream of the crop. I find reasons to drive it. Much fun to drive! I knew that I wanted to own this car, but I did not want to purchase it brand new. This '05 C6 is a very fine car, very happy with my decision. I think my wife enjoys being on the passenger side just as much as I enjoy driving. Its been well worth the wait.

Are you kidding- the neck snapping, seat plastering 400 horses, every man's dream!

some minor improvements on the interior.

No Door Handles
By Brooks

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this car is like no other experience in the world

Heads up display and overall design of the car.

A way to enter car other than the trunk if battery dies, doors do not open because there are no door handles. And sensor on the doors are operated by the battery. Hmm!

Do it now.....
By CAC6Fan

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If you've been waiting to buy one of these, do it now. The new C7 version will probably be smaller (maybe even a V6?), probably have less HP and will be a completely different vehicle. This car is a screamer. It will literally "snap" your head back with its' acceleration. Roadabilitly is sharp, handling is precise and once you get on the fwy. mileage is more than acceptable (22mpg). The runflat GY tires make the ride a little stiff but you can replace those. All the other option packages are nice. Maintenance is a bit more cumbersome and expensive (needs synthetic oil and a special filter) but manageable. This car can be used as an every-day driver.

Bose stereo (upgrade) is awesome. Z51 suspension is nice. 2-top option isn't necessary (if you can just use the see- through fiberglass top). And last but not least, 400HP is truly breathtaking.

Needs better tires (there are much better runflats than GY). The present Firestone and Michelin offerings are much better choices. Repairs can be expensive (with all the on-board computer hardware - so you might invest in a GMPP = ext. wty?).