Why I bought a Z06
By 04torchredz06 on
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
I was in the market for a new & there was an article in a car mag that tested 4 similar cars at Willow Srpings Race in CA, one that I am intimately familiar with, having driven it many times. They were: BMW M3, 350Z, Porsched 911, and the Z06. The Z06, not surprising to me bascily won every category,and was the second cheapes. The M3was not my style , the Porsche while nice, but too much $. I drove a 350Z & my Eclipse GST with 120K miles will beat that car easily in everything but braking. Yes it is modifed. Found a dealer that would sell it for $45,700, $7000 below sticker, and POWER Chevy in South Bay arranged the deal and all I had to do was sign the papers.
Favorite Features
Excellent power steering response, corners like nothing I have driven including my 69 Z/28 that was set up for road racing. Docile in traffic, has so much torque you can just let the clutch out without adding power.
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower? I've never had enough. One thing that I am not happy about is the lack of a spair tire and the Z06 does not use run flats..