My Second Corvette
By Patti Costello on
2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
What's not to love!!! I had a '98 T top and traded it in on this 2004. This one is a six speed manual, Spiral Grey with a black convertable top. The top is manual, not power, but easy to put down and back up. The car is much faster than the '98 was and it is a real head turner. The tires are run flats and I have used that feature only once, but was very glad I had it. For those of us "GIRLS" that are looking to drive this magnificent machine, run flat tires let you go up to 50 miles on a flat tire to get help. The heads up display is awesome! Watching your speed right in the windshield! What a rush and you don't take your eyes off the road. That's a real plus!!
Favorite Features
Run Flat Tires, Bose sound system, heads up display, 6 speeds, the ability to go from first to fourth, memory seats with two separate settings. The real sports car look! Unmistakably Corvette!
Suggested Improvements
I am short. The distance I have to push the clutch to the floor to start the Vette means I have to inch up off the seat. Also, the distance between the gears should be shorter making shifting more comfortable for those of us who don't have a 40 inch reach.