2004 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: My first Vette

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Z06 Coupe (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

My first Vette
By Andy64 on

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After Years of Driving Trans-Am's, I finally decided to spend for the Vette and selected the Z06 for sheer performance, knowingly giving up a few of the options available on the base vette. I was pleasantly surprized by the ride quality on rough pavement. While the suspension is definitely on the stiff side, there is a good amount of damping making the ride fairly comfortable. The power of the car is top notch, exceeding anything I have owned in the past. So far, no problems have surfaced. I am still in the "Break-in" period and will review again when some significant mileage is placed on car or significant event occurs.

For me, the handling is the primary feature and unmatched by anything I previously owned. The Driver Information Center and Head-Up Display is cool and useful. Decent Fuel Economy for 405HP. So far, getting about 18 MPG on city/Hgwy mix driving. The memory package is a nice option.

For me, the Vette has always been the dream car and ultimate American Machine ! I would love it anyway it comes. However, most of the shortcomings I have seen mentioned by others (mostly interior styling and options) appears to be getting addressed in the coming 2005 Vette