My first Vette
By Andy64 on
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)
After Years of Driving Trans-Am's, I finally decided to spend for the Vette and selected the Z06 for sheer performance, knowingly giving up a few of the options available on the base vette. I was pleasantly surprized by the ride quality on rough pavement. While the suspension is definitely on the stiff side, there is a good amount of damping making the ride fairly comfortable. The power of the car is top notch, exceeding anything I have owned in the past. So far, no problems have surfaced. I am still in the "Break-in" period and will review again when some significant mileage is placed on car or significant event occurs.
Favorite Features
For me, the handling is the primary feature and unmatched by anything I previously owned. The Driver Information Center and Head-Up Display is cool and useful. Decent Fuel Economy for 405HP. So far, getting about 18 MPG on city/Hgwy mix driving. The memory package is a nice option.
Suggested Improvements
For me, the Vette has always been the dream car and ultimate American Machine ! I would love it anyway it comes. However, most of the shortcomings I have seen mentioned by others (mostly interior styling and options) appears to be getting addressed in the coming 2005 Vette