Still Tryin'
By Vette Crazy on
2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 4th Corvette (93, 99, 02, 04). I don't know why I keep trying. I've loved Vettes since I was a kid and keep hoping someday I'll find one that doesn't have problems. This one has had problems with transmission (hard shifts), broken stabilizer links and brakes squealing for 2 years. Dealer said brake squeal is normal after their 4th attempt to fix. All 3 C5s were convertibles and all leaked around the windows when driving in the rain. All of my Vettes averaged about 3 visits to the dealer per year for repairs not counting normal maintenance, with each visit being at least 2 days. You would think I drive them hard, but I've been told I drive like a little old granny. So that's not it.
Favorite Features
I've always loved the head-up display. It's hard to drive other cars without it now. I also like the gas mileage. I get 30 highway, 21 city. Not bad for all those horses.
Suggested Improvements
Tighten all those bolts better to reduce squeaking and rattling. Better quality control overall. My other cars don't break down nearly as much. Finally, better training for service technicians. Fix it the first time, not the fourth.