Great American Car
By Red-Line on
2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
This is my first Corvette. I am over 60 years old. This is just the right age to get a critter like this! My Mag Red convertible has all the vim and vigor you'd expect from a C5, and with more than 50,000 miles on it, it has lost nothing. I decided on the 04 C5 because it is the last of the generation you know, long and sleek with all of the bugs worked out! This car's acceleration will snap you back into your seat and give you the sense of a fighter pilot's thrill.
Favorite Features
Oh for sure, watching the tach with that 6 speed manual transmission working out that 5.7 liter powerplant.
Suggested Improvements
You gotta be kidding!
By buckaroux
on 07/04/14 08:15 AM (PDT)

I searched for almost two years before I found the exact 2004 Convertible that I wanted. My younger days were during the era of the C3s. A Vette without the pop-up headlights just isn't as appealing to me and I love the curves and style of the C5 body. My first Vette had to be a convertible in Millennium Yellow with a Light Oak top and interior. Other requirements were automatic trans, Magnetic Selective Ride Control and the performance rear axle. I live in FL and finally found my car in Milwaukee, WI in showroom condition and only 5800 miles. My expectations have been surpassed. The C6s and C7s have more power but I didn't buy the car to race. I have been surprised at how well it rides as a daily driver. I am also using the MSRC much more frequently than I imagined based on the quality or lack thereof of the paved roads. The seats are extremely comfortable and the handling is great. This car is very satisfying to drive and really turns heads generating a lot of compliments. The Millennium Yellow with Light Oak top and interior really make it stand out. The only downside is that you have to be really careful going over speed bumps and steeply inclined driveways because the front fascia is so low. Last but not least, the 2003 and 2004 C5s have the least mechanical problems among all C5 and C6 model years according to Consumer Reports. By the end of the C5 model run they had really worked out the problem areas from some earlier model years. Low mileage C5s can be bought for less money than a new Accord, Camry, Malibu or other similar run of the mill new cars. I highly recommend that you get one and enjoy!