Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (103 reviews )

Most Helpful|
America's Car
By shuka

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best bang for the buck in the world. Best car made in America. Can't wait for the C-6!

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any!

Dream Car
By John

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Unbelievable fun. The 2004 Corvette convertible is an uncompromising combination of power, handling, comfort, sound, and looks. The build quality is exceptional surpassing any Japanese or European model. This car is built for speed and handling but there is an added bonus of unquestionable good looks. There is a great deal of thought in this last version of the C5 with minor improvements throughout. You cant buy a better car for the money. Unlike other cars in its class the corvette can be used as a daily driver. The ride quality with the selective magnetic ride control makes a big difference over earlier models. The interior is basic sports car and it should be! It's a Corvette.

Favorite Features

Packed full of features neatly incorporated into a basic sports car interior. Heads up display, telescopic steering, power seats, windows, magnetic ride control, leather seats and steering wheel, unbelievable trunk space for a roadster. Very simple, very clean, very fast, very Corvette.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Not Your fat, bald man driver
By Martha in Plantation

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a 5 ft 7 natural blonde. I know people expect to see a mid-life crisis male when they pass me. I love the Vette, but the ride is nothing like my Cadillac SUV. My boyfriend drives a BMW convertible, and people always think he owns the Corvette and I own the BMW. The noise level on the highway with the Vette is bad. I wouldn't think of a long trip in it. I just had too much disposable income when I bought it, either that or my mid-life crisis set in! I love the Corvette "wave" from other owners! Everyone should own one Vette in their life!

Favorite Features

It's a Vette! Love the exhaust plate!

Suggested Improvements

Less noise factor on the convertible. Better ride!

Great American Car
By Red-Line

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Corvette. I am over 60 years old. This is just the right age to get a critter like this! My Mag Red convertible has all the vim and vigor you'd expect from a C5, and with more than 50,000 miles on it, it has lost nothing. I decided on the 04 C5 because it is the last of the generation you know, long and sleek with all of the bugs worked out! This car's acceleration will snap you back into your seat and give you the sense of a fighter pilot's thrill.

Favorite Features

Oh for sure, watching the tach with that 6 speed manual transmission working out that 5.7 liter powerplant.

Suggested Improvements

You gotta be kidding!

My First Corvette
By fredo

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

its a pleasure to drive around with your top down.In may i made my last trip from florida to wisconsin with top down all the way.End of september i shall return to florida the same way (top down)hopefully,to spend the rest of the winter there.my biggest suprise was the milage i get 22-24 miles /gallon about the same as the honda S 2000 that i traded in on my corvette

Favorite Features

must be the engine with its 350 HP

Suggested Improvements

Automatic Top open and close